March 2010 starters

Hi all you Marchies, hope you're all doing well!
I've not been around due to Internet problems at home and being off work so no Internet use from there either! lol

It's going well this week, stuck to it and will be having a WI tomorrow, hit the gym last night and managed to run for a full hour without having to stop :eek:, I was so amazed and never would have thought I could do that, hell 2 years ago I struggled to run for 60 seconds let alone 60 minutes!

So even if my weight has gone back up more than I'd like at least my health/fitness is still improving :)

Nice to see you again Anna! :flirt2:
Hope you're well, life is pretty good thanks!
Best of luck to you for this time around, you know from experience that 2st 9lbs will be gone in a flash if you stick with it, so c'mon we can both do it! ;) :)

Hi folks, can I join in? I started on Thursday 11th March so am just coming to the end of day 3 (almost forgot to have my last pack!) I have already decided there will be 100% abstinence and thats it. I am an adult so therefore I should be able to control what I put into my body! Been learning a lot about my eating habits the last few days, had to stop myself licking my daughters yogurt lid and from eating some of her cereal that fell out of the bowl when I was pouring it. Finding things fine physically because I'm not that hungry but physcologically there is a mine field. I am so glad to have the group sessions.

I have my next meeting on Wednesday but popping in on Monday to swap some pack cos I hate the chilli con carne and the thai chilli soup.

Hi everyone,
I'm joining in his thread as I have started LL today, first pack I tried was porridge and i have to be honest i didnt enjoy it very much, think i may have overcooked it as it went really lumpy! Think i'm going to try a shake next and use the blender. Good luck to everyone!
Laura

Had pop in today and I've lost 4lbs so far so quite pleased with that!

Well done Sandrat, that's awesome! x

people you'll reach goal soon
keep at it
take each day as it comes and it becomes so much easier :)

Hope all the Marchies are still going on strong!
I'll be honest and say that I skipped my WI last Friday as I had enough choc-shake packs to last me until Thursday this week (and then I'll get 4 for Friday on Friday) so thought it was a bit pointless going along and having to pay for what I've already got. Kinda missing having the bars, but still staying abstinant though, and really feeling it now! :D

I also managed to prove to myself that my hour-long run wasn't a fluke by doing it again each night for the past 4 days, decided it's now going to become a daily thing as I'm loving it!!!!

Good luck to anyone who has a WI soon, will post my results at the weekend :)

Another 2lbs gone for me at offical WI this evening so thats 6lbs total for week 1!

Last edited:
Do you guys pop in to be weighed in between weigh ins? - just a comment that Sandrat made made me wonder if we could do that. Just for a mid-week pick me up when it gets hard!

@KatieDee: My LLC runs WI/drop-ins on Wednesday's and Sunday's which anyone can go along too if they want, doesn't cost anything and can give you a boost if you're having a bad week. Ask your LLC if he/she does anything similar :)

Had my WI on Friday night and was 18.1st :( bad Pete! *slaps hand* lol but on the plus side I went to my suit fitting (for my brother's wedding) on Saturday and my trouser/jacket size is only 2inches bigger than when I was 15.7stone, so hoping some of the gain is 'healthy' weight from using the gym every day :eek:

I'm eager to see what I can lose by Friday this week!

Good luck pete!! You sure do look like you are quite muscley. Have you been trying to build up?

Not especially, I did for a few months last year but I couldn't keep up with doing 1-2 hours of heavy weights every other day + cardio + doing LL as well, so for the last few months I've just been running for an hour each night which sometimes is easy and sometimes not so easy!

Thanks to my Dad's side of the family genetics I'm naturally quite big+strong anyway, it just was hidden under lots of flab before! LOL! :p

pete looking well dude
keep at it
btw loving the GOW tee :)
and keep up with the exercise :) cardio is like a beautiful thing

Great advice Pete, I popped in mid-week and had lost 2lbs! Bring on the WI and hopefully another 2. Its a great boost.

:D

week 2 weigh in -5lbs, hope to hit a stone on week 3. Got pedometer this evening and went for a 5000 step walk!

Hi guys,

I started mid march. Just had my first WI and lost 13 lbs, so I am very happy with that.

Trying to match that again over next three weeks so I can be 2 st down for a trip to Berlin in mid April.

Good luck all!

x

Well done on getting your first week done, and with a great loss too! :)

Be warned though, you always lose more in your first week as you drop a lot of excess water, your glycogen stores, stool, stomach contents etc. Sticking to it 100% you can expect to lose between 3 and 6lbs a week from now on averaging 1 stone a month.

I say this in the nicest way possible: Don't get your hopes up about losing 13lbs a week. It just won't happen, and then you'll feel bad about it. Accept that between now and your holiday in mid-April you can realistically lose around a stone, and be happy with that :)

Sorry if that sounds like a downer :eek:

Sorry if I was unclear, I meant lose 13 in next three weeks COMBINED! If I kept losing 13 lbs a week I would need a doctor!

Not a bummer at all.

I am wondering about exercise. I felt pretty good all week and am thinking of going for some swimming, yoga or lifting. Any thoughts?

Back