March 2010 starters

Whoops, my bad then! lol

RE: the exercise, offical LL guidelines say to not try anything too extreme especially if your body isn't used to doing it.

That said, if you want to start then swimming is a great thing to do, as is any cardio. You can do weights as well, you won't gain any muscle mass really as there isn't enough protien in the LL packs to allow you to, but toning is certainly possible if that's what you are going for.

I do around 1 hour of cardio (running, x-trainer or rowing machine) most nights and although it won't do much to help lose weight it definately improves health+fitness (1 hour's running at 4mph burns around 300 calories, you need to burn 3,500 calories to lose 1lb of fat, so you can see how it's more about what you eat than what you do that makes you lose weight!)

So long as you feel comfortable with the exercise you are doing, then go for it! It gets addictive! :D

Congrats on the weight loss miniminsme, I wondered about exercise too cos I felt great and really wanted to get fit.

I've started doing alot more exercise, I wouldn't say its directrly related to how much weight I am loosing but i feel much trimmer in all the key places. I try to mix it up so it doesn't get boring if you're not used to exercise/gym and to use different muscle groups.

Swimmig or other cardio is great - like Pete (cardio master) said x-trainer, rowing, etc really gets you fit. But I like to do some aerobics or pilates as well (sometimes in front the tv, sometimes at the gym) and that's really changed my body shape.

Any exercise is good and am so glad you're feeling great and enjoying the energetic feeling of ketosis :)

Well done you.5lbs is great.

Hi everyone,

Sorry I disappeared for a while back there. Had a good first week, lost 5lbs... then fell off the rails (although not willingly... went away with work for the day, ended up staying four days - packless :()... went to a pop in when I was back and had put on 2lbs. Grrr. Back on track and last night's WI was -4lbs. So - all in all I am only -7lbs down since I started on 8th March (three weeks). Not too bad though, particularly seeing as I have had a few lapses. If I can continue to stick to the programme, I am quite happy with this rate of loss as I only have another couple of stone to lose. :)

Love to all xx

(1 hour's running at 4mph burns around 300 calories, you need to burn 3,500 calories to lose 1lb of fat, so you can see how it's more about what you eat than what you do that makes you lose weight!)

Hi Pete
I walk for an hour on the treadmill, at a speed of 6.5 and an incline of 7, and the machine tells me that I have used up 600 calories :confused: Admittedly I don't put my stats in, just hit quick start and away, but that seems massively different to the calorie useage you're quoting? Any idea why that would be - I don't think it's the particular treadmills at my gym, as I have used ones in hotels too which also say I'm burning between 500 - 600/hour.

If it is a 6.5mph then the math makes sense calorie-wise;

1 hour's running @ 4mph = 300-400cals
therefore
1 hour's running @ 8mph = 600-700cals

you're in the middle @ 6.5mph so around 500-600cals sounds about right! :)

I started 4 wks ago. Found first few days a bit hard but really settling in well now. Have lost 26.5lb in 4wks and so pround of myself lol :D

Fantastic start. Well done you.

Hello Charliefarlie
Welcome to LL. You will have lost most of your weight by the time the summer is here.
Good luck,
:welcome2:

Thank you for the welcome!

Just got back from my 2nd weigh in and have lost 2lb so feeling a bit dis-heartened. 7lb in total, hope it speeds up a bit soon!

Hello Charlie,
A bit disappointing maybe, but it will go - could be all sorts of reasons. TOTM or perhaps not drinking enough water could be 2 of the more common ones.
Stick with it- the pounds will shift. :confused:

Good luck all the march starters, Stick to it!!!:D

It will come.....you may be retaining water. You might have a big loss soon. It's not just about the big weight losses. The money is well spent on your councilling too. Stick with it for a bit longer xxx

Back