March Challenge anyone?

Quite unlikely. Depo affects weight in that it has an affect on appetite, and therefore you may have eaten more pre-diet but wouldn't be an issue here. It may have more to do with your 'extras'. I have been on Depo for years, and the weight issues are purely my own.
Hi Miss D,

please help....or if anyone else can shed some light or any other ideas what it might be if not the Depo.
Have not had any extras hun was always dieting even before i started this one....only i am really low now...stopped the injection 6 months ago in case it was the problem...have not ovulated/period yet.
I was actually putting on weight at slimming world and they could find nothing wrong when they looked into my food diary. Also i had no problem losing weight/maintaining via SW before the jab.
Then the last 9 weeks did a more drastic diet where everyone else was losing a stone a month...all i lost was 6lbs in the 9 weeks.
Cannot get advice from Doc as i am not supposed to be doing this vlcd due to the fact i have depression. Now it's out you all know how desperate i am.
This really is my last chance...i feel that if this does not work then nothing will.

Shaz x

Last edited:
Yambabe - 14lbs - 5.25lbs to go - 8.75lbs lost
Lou1978 - 14lbs - 14lbs to go - 0lbs lost
Chris405 - 14lbs - 14lbs to go - 0lbs lost
Mush - 14lbs - 14lbs to go - 0lbs lost
Jessie40 - 14lbs - 0 lbs to go - 14lbs lost GOAL!!!
Miss D - 12 3/4lb - 6lb to go - 6.75 lbs lost
Myr - 14lbs - 1lbs to go - 13lbs lost
Rosie Kate - 14lbs - 8lbs to go - 6lbs lost
justgina -- 8lbs - 6.5lbs to go - 1.5lbs lost
yummymummy - 14lbs - 6lbs to go - 8lbs lost
Red77 - 14lbs - 8lbs to go - 6lbs lost
Arwen - 7lbs - 7lbs to go - 7lbs lost
Chuffy 29 - 12lbs - 12lbs to go - 0lbs lost
Dawniesvan - 8lbs - 6lbs to go - 2lbs lost
Quak - 8lbs - 5lbs to go - 3lbs lost
PinkyEyes - 8lbs - 5.5lbs to go - 2.5lbs lost
Deedee1 - 14lbs - 7lbs to go - 7lbs lost
Toots - 14 lbs - 2.5 lbs to go - 11.5 lbs lost
Dezzie1082 - 7lbs - 4lbs to go - 3lbs lost

How happy am I?!?

Yay - well done

xx

Hi Miss D,

please help....or if anyone else can shed some light or any other ideas what it might be if not the Depo.
Have not had any extras hun was always dieting even before i started this one....only i am really low now...stopped the injection 6 months ago in case it was the problem...have not ovulated/period yet.
I was actually putting on weight at slimming world and they could find nothing wrong when they looked into my food diary. Also i had no problem losing weight/maintaining via SW before the jab.
Then the last 9 weeks did a more drastic diet where everyone else was losing a stone a month...all i lost was 6lbs in the 9 weeks.
Cannot get advice from Doc as i am not supposed to be doing this vlcd due to the fact i have depression. Now it's out you all know how desperate i am.
This really is my last chance...i feel that if this does not work then nothing will.

Shaz x

What I meant by 'extras' was that earlier you said you were having an extra pack from a different company ;) This may have taken your carb gram count over that which would be advantageous for ketosis. Yam has put up a post about this somewhere.

Not having your cycle return after 6 months is quite normal. But as has been said before, the main problem with depo is that your appetite increases while you're on it (which is the reason for the weight gain in most people), things should begin to right themselves after it begins to wear off. Quite simply, Depo may cause weight gain owing to cravings, but it's the first time I've heard it first-hand causing trouble with weight *loss*, where food is not the issue.

It may be that, but it may be a multitude if other things that are unrelated. You appear to be having a general weight loss problem - could it be in the time you were on depo (which in my case, has been years) something else might have changed?

Are you a bit older now, for instance? (I certainly am! lol! and certainly don't lose weight at the same rate as I did in my 20s,) might you also have a sluggish thyroid? Has there been a lifestyle change over time?

Now I'm not entirely ruling out the depo, but I wouldn't be too hasty to blame it, esp if you've been off it for a good 6 months now. I just don't want it to be a distraction (and an easy target) if there's some other underlying cause that may have arisen since starting it.

Sadly, there's no other way forward without talking to a GP, especially as it seems to be a long-standing problem. Depression can be a side effect of low thyroid function, too.

But unfortunately, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. If it is the depo, there is nothing you can do about it apart from sit it out until it wears off some more; and if it's something else, you say you won't go to the GP to get it investigated. I think you might just have to live with low losses, and treasure every small victory.

EDIT:-

Was thinking about this - if your depression gets any worse over the coming weeks, knock the exante on the head, at least for a while. It's something I'm permanently vigilant for after a bad experience on my last VLCD, but I seem to be doing OK so far. But I haven't had proper depression for years, and am not pinning all my hopes on this one diet. So go careful, yeah? :)

Last edited:
Shaz,
I have sent you a PM ;)

Love Myr xxx

What I meant by 'extras' was that earlier you said you were having an extra pack from a different company ;) This may have taken your carb gram count over that which would be advantageous for ketosis. Yam has put up a post about this somewhere.

Not having your cycle return after 6 months is quite normal. But as has been said before, the main problem with depo is that your appetite increases while you're on it (which is the reason for the weight gain in most people), things should begin to right themselves after it begins to wear off. Quite simply, Depo may cause weight gain owing to cravings, but it's the first time I've heard it first-hand causing trouble with weight *loss*, where food is not the issue.

It may be that, but it may be a multitude if other things that are unrelated. You appear to be having a general weight loss problem - could it be in the time you were on depo (which in my case, has been years) something else might have changed?

Are you a bit older now, for instance? (I certainly am! lol! and certainly don't lose weight at the same rate as I did in my 20s,) might you also have a sluggish thyroid? Has there been a lifestyle change over time?

Now I'm not entirely ruling out the depo, but I wouldn't be too hasty to blame it, esp if you've been off it for a good 6 months now. I just don't want it to be a distraction (and an easy target) if there's some other underlying cause that may have arisen since starting it.

Sadly, there's no other way forward without talking to a GP, especially as it seems to be a long-standing problem. Depression can be a side effect of low thyroid function, too.

But unfortunately, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. If it is the depo, there is nothing you can do about it apart from sit it out until it wears off some more; and if it's something else, you say you won't go to the GP to get it investigated. I think you might just have to live with low losses, and treasure every small victory.

EDIT:-

Was thinking about this - if your depression gets any worse over the coming weeks, knock the exante on the head, at least for a while. It's something I'm permanently vigilant for after a bad experience on my last VLCD, but I seem to be doing OK so far. But I haven't had proper depression for years, and am not pinning all my hopes on this one diet. So go careful, yeah? :)

Thanks Miss D,

all points taken in and i will keep a watchful eye on my moods.
Honestly my health is the most important thing to me.
Once again thanks for the reply and have a lovely day.

Shaz x

Quak - 8lbs - 3.5lbs to go - 4.5lbs lost
PinkyEyes - 8lbs - 5.5lbs to go - 2.5lbs lost

I know I am not going to make my target this month but have decided not to stress on the rate, just the fact that it is still going down lol
Bren xx

Well done - a loss is a loss

xxx

Another pound this week - which appears to make me 'healthy'! According to my ticker, which allows for my extra half inch in height!

PinkyEyes - 8lbs - 4.5lbs to go - 3.5lbs lost

Well done all and congratulations Pinky Eyes on becoming healthy.

Oh well done!! Fantastic!! I can't wait to get to healthy ( quite a way off yet). Are you changing to total now?

2lbs this week...

Rosie Kate - 14lbs - 6lbs to go - 8lbs lost

Well done and congrats
xx

3.6lbs this week so still on track for the target :fingerscrossed:

Rosie Kate - 14lbs - 6lbs to go - 8lbs lost
Deedee1 - 14lbs - 3.6lbs to go - 10.4lbs lost

All those stats above - are they what you have all lost in March alone??
If it is - that is INCREDIBLY impressive! Well done all of you!!!

Back