March LL starters

wasnt too keen on the vanilla.... just having strawberry now, not too keen on that either lol!!
The veg soup was rather yummy though:)
I wasn't allowed the porridge till next week.... or maybe she just didn't have any!!
I got a mixture of everything this week next week should have more idea what I like. I'm one glass of water off my 4 litres! blimey!!!
I'm off work now too, hope its going to be ok
:)

Hope you have a good shift Lois.Glad you like the vegetable soup,I've got two of them in my personal cupboard!! I tried the chocolate one tonight-deffo an acquired taste I think.A bit worried about your comment re the porridge.I got 7 of those ( I am Scottish after all!)she never said I couldn't have them.Hope I'm not causing probs for myself by taking them :(:(.Maybe someone else might know the position and help us out?
Found myself shouting at my son tonight for using my mouthwash -Thats mine- am I going mad?

Hi just popped in to say hello! Try experimenting with the packs- hot or cold water can make a big difference as can the amount. Personally I found the soups ok but the shakes too thick but now i make them up with more water and like them esp choc with mint tea and vanilla with v.strong coffee. keep going girls it'll be worth it:)

Hope you have a good shift Lois.Glad you like the vegetable soup,I've got two of them in my personal cupboard!! I tried the chocolate one tonight-deffo an acquired taste I think.A bit worried about your comment re the porridge.I got 7 of those ( I am Scottish after all!)she never said I couldn't have them.Hope I'm not causing probs for myself by taking them :(:(.Maybe someone else might know the position and help us out?
Found myself shouting at my son tonight for using my mouthwash -Thats mine- am I going mad?

Hi JAzzy

I did not like the chocolate at first either.

Then, I added 2 sweetners to it - something I never used before - and it made all the difference. Then it became my favourite as the sweetners made it taste like chocolate.

Might be worth a try. And again, I never used sweeteners so don';t be put off! :)

A bit worried about your comment re the porridge.I got 7 of those ( I am Scottish after all!)she never said I couldn't have them.Hope I'm not causing probs for myself by taking them :(:(.Maybe someone else might know the position and help us out?

LL won't let you have anything that is going to mess with your weightloss, it's been said that the porridge should only be 1 pack a day (like the bars) due to the higher carbs in them, so as long as you don't get hooked on having 4 porridge's each day, you'll be fine ;)

Thanks for the tips Brumchick,Blonde Logic and Pete.It's really helpful to know other's experiences and I certainly found it helpful prior to starting LL to do my research here.Feel a lot better prepared than others in my group were!

Hi all - day 3 for me, and so far all going well - apart from the headaches! Clearly all those chip butties 4 days ago weren't such a good idea after all! :ashamed0005:

Just found this forum, it is soooooo inspirational! Has made me even more excited about doing this, seeing the amazing results so many have had - I think in darker moments this place will be a god-send!

Anyway - nice to meet you all, hope to be able to contribute lots, and in the future inspire people who are where I am right now :)

Lucy.

Hi Lucy, Nice to know there are other March starrters here.Keep those posts coming-you can look at the inspirational photos after 50!

Hi Lucy, Nice to know there are other March starrters here.Keep those posts coming-you can look at the inspirational photos after 50!

Don't tempt me - an invitation like that could have me posting for England :)
Nice to meet you JCJ - be good to share experiences with someone else at a similar point of the process!

Hi JAzzy

I did not like the chocolate at first either.

Then, I added 2 sweetners to it - something I never used before - and it made all the difference. Then it became my favourite as the sweetners made it taste like chocolate.
Might be worth a try. And again, I never used sweeteners so don';t be put off! :)
Thanks BL Tried it tonight-much better!It might become one of my faves I think x

wow well done Lucy! I don't have a pop in session:-( got to wait till tues:-( got a splitting headache pongy breath and feeling grumpy not hungry though!!!

Well done Lucy thats fantastic! Like you Lois I don't have a pop-in session and get weighed on Tuesday.Had a terrible dream last night where I had something to eat and felt very guilty!For a moment when I woke up I thought I had.Very bizarre-think I'm thinking about it too much! Just spent the morning in the garden though and didn't think about it once.There's a lesson there I think :D

Just had a drop-in session, today is day 4, and I've already lost 9lbs!!! How can that be possible?!!! Some ladies in the group had lost even more - the highest being 12lbs!!! :eek:

Welcome to LL !Great isn't it?
and well done you:happy096:

Struggling today....
my first day to struggle... day 5 so not so bad... feel all emotional and hub being at work and me having to sort out the kids food is hard.
Not given in
aarrggghhh!!!!

Keep going lois!

You are doing great Lois and the first week or so is by far the hardest especially the weekends so you can console yourself with the fact that it shouldn't get any harder than this and in no time at all what you are doing will become normality and you won't find it hard or feel hungry, I promise that as long as you stick to it you will feel fine very soon!

I think for me week 2 was definitely easier than week 1 and week 3 even better again and by then I was fine. Make sure you are drinking plenty to keep you feeling full and if I was struggling I would have a savoury drink although I use Marigold rather than the official LL drink, I have also just discovered that I love the Vanilla and Banana hot, just like custard / banana custard and that seems to fill me up more than having them cold!

Keep at it hun! x

Hi Girls Day 4 for me.Not sure if I'm in ketosis yet as my breath has seemed ok.Day 2 was the worst for me so far,but has got a bit better.I'm glad to hear the dreams go away,I think I'm thinking about all of this way too much.Just keep imagining myself slim again,and for the first time ever it's acheivable :D

Hello March ladies,

You are doing fab - keep up the great work :)

Btw, those dreams are absolutely normal JC but they'll likely go away after a few weeks. :D

Susianna - just a warning that some people also find the half way point/ week 7 quite difficult too. If people post about slipping, it's often that week.

I must have been lucky LS as have been fine since the very early weeks and hit week 9 today! Although shouldn't speak to soon, you never know what's lurking round the corner! lol. x

March Starter

Hi am also march starter, 1 week tomorrow. Its not been too bad but i have been shocked at how much i resent not being able to eat what i want - odd when i have hated everything i have put into my mouth for the last year at least! Oh well, guess thats what this is all about.

Found the packs ok on the whole but quickly discover choccie porridge (plain porridge is horrid!) first weigh in tomorrow so am excited to see if this really works :)

Back