Marian H's |Low GL(ish) diet diary

MarianH

I made the sausage and butternut squash casserole off the recipes thread for tea tonight (with quorn sausages as I don't eat meat) and it was lovely.

So far I've been eating really carefully, though I probably need to watch my portions as they still creep up at times.

What I really need to do is get some exercise. I've felt so tired and lethargic over the last few days so I've struggled to get motivated. My birthday present, from a week ago, still hasn't come through the post. I'm getting a cross-trainer, so I hope that will give me the incentive to get on with it. I need to prove husband wrong and show him it will get used and will not become a glorified coat hanger! :D

My biggest challenge is staying off the scales. I have a weigh-in date in mind, but it is going to be really hard to get there without giving in! I am a compulsive weigher and am on the scales several times a day normally. It has been 13 days since I got weighed :eek: . I know I've lost some and I know it is working, I just don't want to weigh myself and be disappointed. The theory is if I can give the diet and exercise a good few weeks and know it's habit, then I will have a peek and see what I weigh. I need to lose between 2 and 3 stones at least.

Oh hon! Well done for making a positive start. Please remember GL is not just about the scales as it is a plan that is soooo good for your health as well.
Take your measurements too cos weeks where the scales don't shift you may find the inches shrinking.
Defo watch portion sizes as I have always found that this is so important.
Good luck for the coming week.

Thank you! I did measure myself at the start, and I've lost 2 inches off my waist in 13 days with a less than ideal amount of exercise, so I think that's good going. I'm still desperate to weigh myself though!

I need to post regularly as it keeps me on the straight and narrow!

Today has been okay. I had banana and yogurt with almonds for breakfast; salad with avocado, tuna and black olives for lunch and roast veg in tomato and pesto sauce with cannellini and kidney beans for tea. I haven't really had snacks because by the time I've felt hungry it has been a meal time. I find I'm hungrier some days and I will be snacking on those!

I haven't exercised formally today, but I have been on my feet doing housework and decorating for most of the day so I hope this counts.

So far, so good.

Well done to you for a great positive day today. I'm sure all the housework and decorating burned off loads of extra calories. Good luck for the coming week.

Porridge and berries for breakfast; leftover bean and veg thing with some hummus for lunch and a soup with tofu, chickpeas, a cautious serving of pearl barley and mixed veg.

My birthday cross trainer finally turned up so I did 20 minutes on that (all I had time for once husband had spent nearly 3 hours building it :D) . It said I'd done 5k; I am highly dubious in that time, but it was formal exercise nonetheless.

well done on the cross trainer! I think short bursts are supposed to be just as good as long sessions. I reeeeaaally need to get into doing some exercise I suppose; has anyone tried Zumba? There's a place that runs classes not too far away and I'm thinking of trying it out.

Definitely try Zumba, it's great. The routines change lots and it's a laugh. I really enjoyed it and have a DVD to do at home too. I think they were releasing a Wii game as well.

So, yogurt and berries with almonds for breakfast; a salad made of small portion of quinoa, small avocado, 2 tbsps mixed beans, veg, oil and balsamic vinegar for lunch; tofu and cashew nut stir-fry with chilli and garlic for tea. One snack of hummus and 2 oatcakes.

30mins on cross-trainer.

I still feel quite tired though. I've decided to take a chance and get some of the recommended supplements in Holford's book to see if they help to improve how I feel. It's quite hard because I'd love to go out for a long walk and get some fresh air - I think this would also help the lethargy - but I'm stuck at home.

As the exercise has increased, I have had snacks as I've felt hungrier. Food has been fine for two days, and exercise has been good. I did 40mins cross-trainer on Weds, and 40mins cross-trainer plus Day One of the Shred yesterday. Much of me aches today, but I plan to do the same again. the exercise has really helped me to feel like I'm getting slimmer, so I'm pleased. I hope everyone else is doing well too.

Marian, you are averaging over 3lbs loss per week. That is wonderful. You must be so pleased.

amazing results- looks like all that hard work is paying off.
Not tried zumba yet - been mainly lying round the house doing the bare minimum since operation last week. But feeling much more alert this week, and my friend who is doing WW at the mo is keen too, so I'm going to try and find a class this week.

Marian, did you get another good loss this week? Hope it's going well for you.
Have a good week.

Marian, hope you are getting on well with the cross trainer. You seem to have a good routine going. I'm sure you are getting results.

Back