ProPoints *Marianne*'s food diary

Ended up having a bit of a snack attack last night and think I went over by about 3 points and already over my weeklies so not holding my breath for wi. I don't mind cos it's my own fault and I'll just try harder.

Today so far:

Breakfast

2 Wholemeal rusks (don't ask, I love 'em!) 4pp
150 ml semi-skimmed milk 2pp
Apple 0pp

Lunch

Brown roll with wafer thin ham, salad and mustard 4pp

Snacks

Velvet crunch 2pp
Dairylea Dunker 3pp

So 15pp used and 11 left. Have hardly anything in the house and OH has the car and is working late tonight. I'm also not starving so thinking of making roasted butternut squash, beetroot red onion and goats cheese for dinner and then I might have a hot choc before bed. That'll still leave 5pp for day but wi is tomorrow and I think in the last week I've learned I really need to plan my days and not blow all my pps on Thursdays, haha!

Writing this diary is helping though as I can see where I can make changes. For example I think I spend too many points on snacks (I'm a total snacker, this is why I'm on WW in first place) so think I'm gonna stop buying Dairylea Dunkers and snack more on fruit. I'm also gonna try and use more points in my actual meals. And I will try and spread the weeklies. Maybe use a few at the weekend for some gins and the rest for more at meal times (i.e. more good stuff). Anyway, that's the plan.......

Hope you guys are well!

Marianne x

Can always count the three points over from activity points ;0) yup writing a diary on here definitely helps.Lol no worries with the rusks,I know other grown ups who like them ;0) as to the weeklies... I am planning on doing the same thing,spreading them out more! Good luck with wi tomorrow.

bulldogdaisy said:
Can always count the three points over from activity points ;0) yup writing a diary on here definitely helps.Lol no worries with the rusks,I know other grown ups who like them ;0) as to the weeklies... I am planning on doing the same thing,spreading them out more! Good luck with wi tomorrow.

Had to laugh at the rusks thing, my husband used to eat more than my daughter did!!

Good luck for tomorrow.Aw ok bout ap,am sure you will still be ok.Lol bout your kiddies will be on weetabix while you are on the risks :0)

Well done on your loss xx

Thanks ladies,

Wasn't expecting it so happy!

Today

Breakfast

20g porridge 2pp
Apple 0pp

Lunch

Brown roll with ham salad 4pp

Dinner

Wetherspoons Skinny Chicken Burger 14pp
Wine 11pp

Snacks

Dairylea Dunkers 3pp
Diet Coke 0pp
Squares 2pp

36 points
26/26
10/49

Had a wee night out with my friend tonight but glad I only used 10 weeklies so I have some left for the coming week.

Marianne x

I know, I was surprised but determined not to use too many after last week!

Today's plan

Breakfast

20g porridge with water 2pp
Apple 0pp

Lunch

Roasted veg with goat's cheese 5pp

50ml semi-skimmed milk for coffees 1pp

That's as far as I've planned as need to go shopping later so will update tonight. I've now finished the Dairylea Dunkers so gonna try and just have a packet of Velvet Crunch and maybe a hot choc a day as snacks and see if I can manage as I'd like to get out of the habit of snacking. For some reason when I feel like a nibble the thought of fruit doesn't appeal. I have a pineapple and a few tins of fruit cocktail so will try snacking on them and hopefully convince my brain that they're good, haha! If anyone has any other ideas for 'good' things to snack on let me know.

Marianne x

Today's plan

Breakfast

Fruit 0pp

Lunch

Goats cheese and red onion toastie 7pp

Dinner

Not sure yet

Snacks

Options hot choc 1pp
Semi-skimmed milk for coffees 1pp

We didn't go shopping yesterday so plan to go when OH finishes work this evening. Then he's going to make dinner. But I have 17 points left for the day. Don't think dinner will be very high points-wise. Might have some toast later too. It's not very often I need to worry about not using up points!

I'll let you all know later how I ended up blowing those 17 pp. Hoping OH doesn't bring home another bottle of wine!

Marianne x

That's nice the OH is cooking.I too like a snack but snack on fruit,choc and crisps lol but as I'm going to start using my weeklies at home more I want to use them wisely aswell as for treats(like a ice cream sundae)sometimes :0)

Mmmm, ice cream sundae! Saw the pic of the ones you made and they looked fab! Just remembered last night we made ice lollies with fruit smoothie so will probably have one of them. It's innocent smoothie so think it'll be 1 or 2 pp so guess that's healthy snacking!

I'm lucky, OH loves to cook and he's quite healthy. He usually makes curries from scratch and they're amazing.

Mmmmm, I'm all hungry again now........ I swear, coming on this site in the morning is dangerous, haha!

I know what you mean about weeklies, like it would be better to bulk out a meal with something healthy rather than spending it on crisps or choc. That's what I want to do. I think I need to start eating more meat and also OH made a good suggestion yesterday of bulking out risottos and pastas with a tin of beans (kidney beans or butter beans) cos it'll add points but in a good way. So think I'll go with that.

Marianne x

Thanks about the sundae,your lollies sound nice :0) Mmm to curry,lucky you hehe! Yea your OH made a good point there about the beans.I also have some stuff in the freezer that we got before starting WW so can use some weeklies when need to eat them up so to speak.

That's a good idea actually. I'm terrible for freezing stuff and then forgetting about it so have loads of lasagnas and chillis and who knows what else. Might do that later in the week if I still have weeklies left. I'll be using some tomorrow as it's Father's Day and I'm going to meet my parents in town for lunch/dinner and some drinks.

Marianne x

Back