Marinating chicken?

Eli

(Hi everybody, I'm new here and could not really find any place for recipes, so hopefully it's okay to post this here...)

I'm not a great cook, but would love to make some chicken salad for tonight. I've got chicken breasts and for example pure honey, dried herbs, fresh lemon, onions, tomatoes, salt.. Would these make any sort of marinade to my chicken if I mix them together, add some water and put the chickens in? Or waste of time.. :D

After marinating for some hours.. I'm hoping to cook them on the pan or in the oven.

I often do lemon and ginger chicken which is 3 tbsp honey lemon juice 1 tsp ginger spring onions salt and pepper. Crushed fennel seeds if you have them. Mix together and cost the chicken breast. Leave to marinade pref overnight and cook

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I do a chicken dish called 'chicken zorba'. It is chopped chicken breast, marinated in ground cumin, tumeric, fresh lime juice, ground coriander. Then grill.

I serve it with toasted pitta breads and salad. And also a dip that is made of half humous and half natural yoghurt (you can use full fat or low fat versions, depending on your preference).

Simple, but nice and even my kids enjoy, what they call the 'yellow' chicken dish. lol

Eli said:
(Hi everybody, I'm new here and could not really find any place for recipes, so hopefully it's okay to post this here...)

I'm not a great cook, but would love to make some chicken salad for tonight. I've got chicken breasts and for example pure honey, dried herbs, fresh lemon, onions, tomatoes, salt.. Would these make any sort of marinade to my chicken if I mix them together, add some water and put the chickens in? Or waste of time.. :D

After marinating for some hours.. I'm hoping to cook them on the pan or in the oven.

Soy sauce and honey makes a basic teriyaki marinade

Back