Mark's Daily Diary

yea im guessing the stomach pains are to do with your little rocks.. not sure if water affects or not but imo I dont think it affects it too much..

Was thinking as much, and I'm guessing the stomach shrinks when it's not getting filled with food, so it probably feels more sore than it actually is....think I'll get me some laxes, who knows, might give me good losses again next week! :)

Visited chemist this morning and picked up some LT friendly laxes, so fingers crossed that'll do the trick! :)

Day 9:

Started the day with half a choc/coffee shake with cold water. Problems with stomach pains. Got Fybogel from chemist and had one of those, still didn't ease things. Drank the usual water and coffee during the day and one peppermint tea, then started wondering about the tea as to whether it was flavoured or natural. Got home and had soup around 6pm and finished the day about 9pm with the remaining choc/coffee mix.

Today wasn't a good day.....felt quite ill. These stomach pains do get quite unbearable sometimes, so I'm hoping another dose of fybogel today will sort that out (assuming it is that problem! lol). It's strange how much you think about food related issues whilst on this diet. I forever find myself thinking about, what will be the first thing I eat when I go back to solids again? How weird is that? How simple things that look so appetising (slice of bread, bit of plain rice, roasted peppers, etc..). I'm becoming obsessed with food! lol

It's forever a test of wills as I keep bottles of water in the fridge (tap water in bottles), and I'm hit with alsorts when I open the door! lol

Anyway, only another few days to go before the next weigh-in, so we'll see if the results have been worth the effort this week.

Morning Mr Mark!

Well done for getting to day 9! missed a few days of your diet, but glad to see your doing well still!!

Yep my fridge hsa got a whole shelf for me, full of bottled tap water so its to hand whenever i see a something yummy 9usualyl peppers liek u say) i can grab a bottle and run away quick!!

Bit concerned about the stomach pains, but sounds like its your body adjusting... take a big dose of fibreclear or fybogel, and drink plenty of peppermint tea and boilet water..

Also i knwo yor not a fan, but the Flapjacks can help in that way too...

Best of luck with your weigh in! cant wait to see what you have lost!!

Hi Lauren,

I'd rather live with the pains than the flapjacks! lmao! :)

Not weighing in again until Monday, so a long way to go, but keep telling myself it's only a few days off - hoping to make it easier!

Thanks for your support, it's greatly appreciated.

Mark

If you're in that much pain and pretty sure it's bowel related and the stuff you've taken already doesn't seem to do the trick I'd take a couple of senna - they will definitely work - and they ARE allowed. xx

Hey mark, are your stomach pains any better yet? What did the chemist say about this??

I have to admit, that although the Flapjacks have been a real test to the gag reflex the past couple of days, I've had no problems with going to the toilet. Sorry to hear your tummy is giving you troubles, hopefully you feel better soon hunni xxx And well done on your progress xxxxxxx:D:D:D

Hey mark, are your stomach pains any better yet? What did the chemist say about this??

He advised on the fybrogel for a few days, but said I shouldn't be constipated, although it's not the inability to go, but the texture if you get my drift.

The pains come and go, so hopefully in a couple of days I'll be back to normal.

One thing I have noticed over the last couple of days is that I'm feeling really full after a half shake drink. Not sure if that's with the addition of the fybrogel or not. Anyway, can't be a bad thing.

Nope it isnt!! Definatley sounds like your stomach is shrinking!!! which is good news!!!

You keeping on it ok??

Hows life in general?? :D

Nope it isnt!! Definatley sounds like your stomach is shrinking!!! which is good news!!!

You keeping on it ok??

Hows life in general?? :D

I'm sticking to it OK..during the week it's not too bad as I'm occupied with work. This weekend should be OK as I'm going to be busy setting up a new PC for dad and Sunday I have to take little one to a party, then off to brothers for footy, so my mind won't be on food all the time! lol

Life in general is OK....I'm finding my bulk is moving from all the wrong places! :(

My shoulders and back are shrinking at a much quicker rate than my stomach....I'm trying to keep doing some situps in the hope it will help.

Anyway, I'm on the right side of the second week now (day 4) YAY! ;)

So, Diary for yesterday....

DAY 10:

Started with a vanilla/coffee shake (half) and water and coffee until about 2pm before having the second half (same mix). Had a fybrogel inbetween around 10am.

In the evening had half a choc/coffee shake around 6 and the remaining at 8:30. Probably didn't have as much water today as normal (around 3litres). Stomach pains been on and off today. Had another fybrogel before bed. Still not much action in there! lol

I'm finding I'm not sleeping too well (maybe the caffeine, although I doubt it's anymore than when I was on diet pepsi/pepsi max before), so not sure why that is..... I was so tired this morning I made my strawb shake with coffee! lol

Hope you feel better today. Keep up the good work and the stomach will soon catch up with the rest of you. You're doing really well so keep it up.

Morning mark,

Keep taking the fybogel, its gota move something along eventually!!

Glad to hear your on the down slope of week 2! you have most certainly cracked it!!

your weekend sounds fab, no food, and lots of running round!! hope the littlun enjoys the party! stay away from the birthday cake!!

the pains may well be your stomach shrinkin, could be a number of things, but surely should settle down soon... keep cracking on, and hopefully you will feel better soon...

I too have got the skinniest shoulders and back ever haha but still got a spare tyre! glad to say it is shrinking, like you i have been doing a rediculous amount of sit ups, running every day, and spinning!!

so its got to go sooner or later... hopefully?? haha

have a good day today. almost week 2 done with!

Thanks Lauren....It can only get better from here on in...I just hope this weeks weigh-in yields a reasonable result. I'm not expecting anything like last week, but 4lb to get me over the stone mark would be nice. I'm targeting that anyway, then anything else is a bonus. ;)

Just need to stop thinking about food! :)

Lol i wish it was that easy!! I never stop thinking about food... i love food! I love to cook, and i love thinking of new recipes, i just need to learn portion controll, and to have a bit of self restraint!

in the 6 weeks iv been on i havnt stopped cooking lol

I dreampt last night about Subway would you believe was a funny dream though took 45 minutes for some idiot to make my sandwhich and he got it wrong, all the salad was pumpkin stew stuff, so i gave up and walked out in the end!!

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with your weigh in! 4lbs is a fab target, but i think you will beat that somehow!!

I too have got the skinniest shoulders and back ever haha but still got a spare tyre! glad to say it is shrinking, like you i have been doing a rediculous amount of sit ups, running every day, and spinning!!

so its got to go sooner or later... hopefully?? haha

quote]

Well I have the slimmest fingers, wrists and ankles!!! ............. Just what I've always wanted ......:sigh: :hmm:

DAY 11:

Today in my opinion has been the worst day ever on LT.....

Started off the day sooooo tired..even after an early night. I'm finding my sleep is so restless on this diet and I wake in the morning feeling so tired and lethargic (what happened to the energy and feel good factor you're supposed to have on this??).

Got to work and made my half shake as normal, only due to the fact I was half asleep I mixed strawberry and coffee (thought I'd picked vanilla - same colour in the packet), anyway, it was drinkable. Had the other half strawberry around 2pm. Finding myself struggling getting the required volume of water down now....managing around 3litres a day, probably due to the fact that I feel so cold.

Had the soup around 7:30pm to warm up then had an early night I was that tired.

Problems today: tiredness (never seemed to recover throughout the day) and cold. Lack of concentration, probably due to the tiredness, which isn't helping in my job.

I think i'll need some seriously good reasons at this next weigh-in to carry on with this.. :(

Back