Mark's Refeed Diary

Thanks Adam, I'm happy so far...just need to get over the fear of putting some carbs inside me....

Day 5:

Breakfast: Choc/coffee shake.

Lunch: Tin of drained tuna and a small salad (as previous).

Dinner: What a mess. OH wanted to go shopping, so went out at 4pm and returned at 11pm. I had nothing during that time except water. When I got home I had 1/2 tin tuna and 2 cherry toms, a carrot and 2 mushrooms with my homemade herb dip. It filled the gap that had opened, but woke up this morning bloated and feeling fat! :(

Not particularly looking forward to the weigh-in on Monday.

hey Mark!!

Your doing well... But you really need to eat more carbs!!

i worried over first weigh in for nothin mate you will be fine

Day 6:

Lunch: Oven baked chicken fillet, cooked on a bed of garlic with indian spices, sliced, in a wholemeal pitta bread with some lettuce and onion. Delicious. Virtually fat-free, strawberry fromage frais (small tub - Aldi's Light Options).

Dinner: Ate late again, went to brothers to watch all the footy. 11pm. I had nothing during that time except water and coffee. When I got home I had 1/2 smoked mackerel fillet with a little salad and another small fromage frais.

Day 7:

Lunch/Dinner: Was out shopping again most of the day..bits for the hols will cost more than the hol itself! lol. I had nothing during that time except water.

When I cooked a full side of fresh salmon, just done with a little pepper and herbs. Made two nice fillets (one for me, one for OH, with some left over). Made these with 6 new potatoes and 2 table spoons of peas.

I was really surprised on the size of the portion. OK, the Peas looked normal, but 6 new potatoes (which I actually weighed after I cooked them because the portion looked huge and they only weighed in at 5oz, so the 8oz jacket spud must be a monster!).

I've also been managing to stick to the 3-4litres of water each day...I'm finding that side easy now...where before I'd jump for the milk, albeit skimmed, I just keep a couple of 1 litre sports bottles constantly filled in the fridge.

Weigh-In:

The moment of truth....well, after 7 days of panicking, I went for my weigh-in this morning and to my astonishment, I hadn't put on. In fact, I'd lost almost 3.5lb! :happy096:

Needless to say, I'm sat with a little smile on my face right now - looking stupid! lol

I've managed to line up a gym whilst I'm on holiday. The sister hotel has a fully-equipped air-conned gym, which we can use for £7 for the week, as many times as I want, so both me and OH will be joining that! :D

Well done on the loss Mark, your diet is looking a little healthier too. Great news on the gym, really cheap too.

Good luck with that Ollie....I just hope I can maintain this next couple of weeks whilst I'm away...I'll be happy with staying the same, or even going back to my previous weeks weigh-in weight, as I wasn't expecting a loss this last week.

I'm sure you'll be fine....you'll be surprised how much control you have now with eating...

Well done Mark!!

Thats brill and sooo glad to see your having carbs!!

The wholemeal pittas are great arent they???? :)

Keep up the good work!! and you will probably more than lose the rest on hols if your joining a gym there!!

Thanks - as you said in your diary, we've had this discussion elsewhere, so won't carry it on here! :)

BTW - I hope you're right with the last comment! ;)

I've decided, I like being slimmer! :D

Day 8:

Weigh-in: Results in previous posts! :D

Lunch: Small salad (Lettuce, cucumber, carrot and 3 cherry toms) with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar with the remaining salmon flaked over the top, strawberry fromage frais (small tub - Aldi's Light Options).

Dinner: Chicken fillet, sliced in a wholemeal pitta bread and a little salad.

Snack: I had 1/3 smoked mackerel fillet.

Drinks: 3.5 litres water + black coffees. Still not had any of my diet drinks....got 12 cans of pepsi max sat in the fridge for the last 5 weeks (and 96 sat in the storage room)! lol

I think it's only natural to be nervous....especially having made good losses, you're scared to put anything back on....I'm sure everything will be fine....good luck anyway! :)

I am having 1 diet coke most days, the first one I found very sweet though. Its not really wanting to have a diet drink, its more for the variety and change from tea/coffee and water. I too am still drinking 3 litres of water every day, its a habit I am trying to stick to FOREVER.....lol

OH forgot to say, well done on the loss, I cant remember if I said it on the other thread, going great Mark.

OH forgot to say, well done on the loss, I cant remember if I said it on the other thread, going great Mark.

I think you may have done, but thanks anyway! :)

I used to drink lots of water before LT, but then it got substituted for diet drinks (not a problem) and energy drinks (caffeine and sugar), so they didn't help....probably one reason why I haven't jumped back to the diet cokes..... :)

I only used to drink lots of water the morning after a lot of vodka....lol. Good habit to get into. I can understand you with the diet drinks, I was never into them in a way where I drank lots of it, except with vodka, but I did drink maybe 1 a day or every second day.

I think your protein shakes you mentioned for breakfast would be a good idea, especially if you are doing your weights again, but even though I dont know much about weight training, are you not supposed to eat a few more carbs when doing this?

In regards to eating the carbs, that really depends if I want to put on bulk. Protein is the main one, as I want to try and tone and build on the muscle as opposed to overall body mass.

Too much carbs will just get stored for later and then I'd be back to square one.. lol

I think I'll have to see how it goes....I may well have to up my carb intake to get the results I'd like, but until I get back into proper (after hols) then I won't really know.

Back