Mark's Refeed Diary

maj3091

It really does work! :)
Hi to all in the refeed world! :)

I started my refeed yesterday due to impending holidays and being 9lb off my target weight.

My hope is to at least maintain until I come back off my hols on the 20th April. The odd one or two pounds on wouldn't be too disappointing, but I think this first refeed week will tell it's own story.

Day 1:

Breakfast: Choc/coffee shake.

Lunch: Choc/coffee shake.

Dinner: 3/4 tin of drained tuna (cats had the other 1/4), approx 100g and a small salad (4 cm cucumber chopped and quartered, 1/4 onion diced, 3 lettuce leaves chopped, with a t-spoon of balsamic vinegar for taste).

One or two observations....

I can't understand why you have to have the two shakes on the first day. After doing 4 weeks surviving on 2 shakes, and to be honest feeling fulfilled, I really felt like I'd over-eaten by lunchtime yesterday.

The evening meal was so tasty...never has lettuce and cucumber tasted so damn good! I spent a good 20minutes eating last night, just enjoying the flavours (sad but true).

I feel so bloated now and a little worried about what the following day will hold.

I drank my usual amount of water and black coffee.

I didn't introduce diet drinks or skimmed milk to my coffees.

I already feel like I've added pounds! :cry:

I highly doubt you have added any pounds at all. I mean tuna with all those veg? no way. That is very healthy!

Just keep going, you have to wait for your body to adjust to eating again as this is your first day of refeed. No worries dude, keep going. :)

I agree Yasmine, I don't think my weight will have changed, just the bloated feeling making me feel that way! :(

Are you still having 2 male shakes, I think adam used the female ones in refeed which are smaller, maybe you should check with him, cant wait for my refeed and its 7 weeks away lol :)

Hi Emma,

It was only the first day that you need to have the two shakes, but still on the male ones (one for brekkie each morning according to the refeed sheet).

I'll see how it goes this week then talk to the chemist on Monday for my weigh-in, maybe I'll ask about dropping to the smaller sachets, although my chemist said that if refeed goes ok in the first week, he tries to take you off altogther, but will provide the weig-in service etc. to help you keep on top of it, with the possibility of going back on if the need arises.

Hi Mark, glad it went ok apart from the bloatedness. This feeling stayed with me for about 3 days when I was refeeding for my time away. I agree with you on the whole taste thing though, everything tastes lovely, even a measly lettuce leaf. Well done on getting over your first day, still looking forward to being in refeeding land with you on Thur/Fri (not decided which day yet).

When I went to the Pharmacy after my refeed, I didnt need any shakes, so I just got weighed, and got charged £3.75, just to make you aware incase you didnt know.

Hope all goes well today, enjoy your lunch and dinner.

My chemist said he was happy to do it for free for a few weeks. If I'm ok after that time, then no need to go again. I can also weigh myself at home on the digi-scales then go straight there, that way I can see how far out my scales are at home and least have a reasonable idea of what the difference is for future weighing....at the end of the day, there's no guarantee the chemists are accurate.

Absolutely right, my chemist only uses a normal set of bathroom scales similar to my own, so I will see how I go for 2 weeks before deciding.
Now its getting closer, in a sense I am hoping she will forget and maybe give me another weeks lipotrim, I could lose another 4lb, which I would feel a little better with. My last wi was 10st 10lbs, but I want to reach 10st to start with and maybe even go to 9st 7lbs depending how I feel at 10st.
What food have you eaten today Mark?

hey there,

you will be fine! I think everyone gets funny on their first day of refeed :)

haha welcome to my world Mark :) lol!!!

Its the same old feeling!! Mine was gone by my weigh in :) now im starting to get greedy lol!!

Day 2:

Lunch: Tin of drained tuna , approx 130g and a small salad (4 cm cucumber chopped and quartered, 1/4 onion diced, 3 lettuce leaves chopped, 1 chopped mushroom, with a t-spoon of balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of herbs for taste).

Dinner: 3/4 tin of drained tuna (cats had the other 1/4), approx 100g and a small salad (4 cm cucumber chopped and quartered, 1/4 onion diced, 3 lettuce leaves chopped, 1 chopped mushroom, with a t-spoon of balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of herbs for taste).

Not getting too much variety as of yet, but did visit the local supermarket and picked up some chicken fillets. I was looking at the pitta breads and the amount of carbs in one was crazy (40+grammes) lol.... I'm getting carb paranoid.

Tomorrow will be pretty much the same, except probably just Tuna for tea as I'm working away. Not having any problems with feeling full though and the motions are working again! :D

Glad its going well for you Mark. Are you enjoying eating again?
Will be nice to have normal motions again lol.

I love the wholemeal pittas!

I was eating this pretty much everyday the first week and didnt gain :)

I'm doing fine thanks Kered, and I'm enjoying the food, although still a bit iffy about eating the breads which is supposed to start today, although I'll bare in mind Chelcie's pitta suggestion as I need to start getting some carbs inside me, otherwise I'll be goosed when I go on holiday.

Day 3: (Disaster)

Lunch: Tin of drained tuna , approx 130g and a small salad (4 cm cucumber chopped and quartered, 1/4 onion diced, 3 lettuce leaves chopped, 1 chopped mushroom, with a t-spoon of balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of herbs for taste).

Dinner: Nothing! Had a tin of Tuna with me, but forgot to take the tin opener, so went without! :( Plenty of water got me through, but to be honest I wasn't that hungry! lol).

Home tonight and planning on making some indian spiced chicken for tea! :)

At least I've got a shake for this morning and the tin of Tuna will wait until I get back to the office and a Tin opener! lol

Your spiced chicken sounds lovely - enjoy.
I bought small wholemeal loaf today and wholemeal pitta breads, the didnt buy the bagels as I felt the calories were a little high, but might introduce them once I get to target weight.

Day 4:

Lunch: Tin of drained tuna

Dinner: Indian spiced (Garam Massala and Tikka Mix) chicken fillet, oven baked in foil on a bed of chopped garlic) (Yum Yum). I made a dip also (tablespoon of fat free natural yoghurt, some dried herbs and mixed together). Chopped one carrot, one mushroom and some cucumber into strips and had that with the dip. Quite tasty, even if I say so myself! lol

I also tried a coffee with milk last night (skimmed milk as I always have), could only manage 1 mouth full then poured it away....didn't like the taste! :(

Had three litres of water. In general, feeling OK. Still had no real carbs yet. Need to get some spuds or bread in me to see how the body reacts....

One downfall of this diet....I need some new clothes! :)

Your dip sounds nice Mark, I must try some dips in a few days.
Now us women have already been shopping for new clothes lol, and loving it. Tesco have 20% off at the moment. I love clothes shopping.

I didn't realise as much until I pulled on a pair of jeans for work this morning (dress down day on Friday) and I keep having to pull them up! lol

well done buddy sounds like its going well

need any info just drop me a message mate

Back