Mark's Refeed Diary

Thanks Mary...had the porridge for brekkie and lunch today! lol

Which reminds me, I need to buy some more tomorrow! lol

Found myself with a little spare time so thought I'd post todays food intake on the board.

Week 7 - Day 5:

Brekkie: Porridge with water, honey and a few sultanas.

Lunch: Porridge with water, honey and a few sultanas. Fromage Frais.

Dinner: Skinless roast chicken with salad and a wholemeal pitta bread. Fromage frais.

Drinks: 2 litres of water, 2 cans diet pepsi and black coffee.

Are all diet drinks allowed? I hate all types of coke, and I'm not too fond of pepsi either.

can I have a G& T

I drink coke zero Yasmine, so much tastier than the diet coke.
Hi Kered
I was wondering if I can have a Gin and tonic-low cal when on holiday 22nd. Will have done 2 weeks of my refeed. Only thinking of 2 a night as I would imagine it will go straight to my head.

I would still be hungry on what you eat, I eat much more than you. Do you ever feel hungry Mark?

Sometimes I do...just head for a drink then, or a few dates as I've done in the past.

Had my weigh-in this morning and I've lost just over 1/2 pound - Wooo....lol

I guess I'm at my peak based on my intake and currently exercise level.

Well done on losing Mark, but I would be worried incase you are reaching a plateau based on the little you are eating.

Well done on losing Mark, but I would be worried incase you are reaching a plateau based on the little you are eating.

Well that's the tricky part isn't it? If I'm maintaining on this little, then if I increase I'll go back up (at least in a logical view of it).

Week 7 - Day 6:

Brekkie: Yoghurt with a rew sultanas.

Lunch: Nothing

Dinner: Homemade chicken curry with a few noodles. (Got invited to friends for a meal).

Drinks: 2 litres of water, 2 cans diet pepsi and black coffee.

Well done on your progress mark. But should you be skipping meals? that can put your body into starvation mode I'm sure and then you could gain weight. You should be careful hun :)

Your right Yasmine, it is to do with the starvation etc etc, but KD explained it to me in a really good way. It worth and advisable to have a look at some of her threads, she is very knowledgeable. When you want to maintain, you need to up your calories, when you are eating low calories, your metabolism slows down, but when you have a higher calorie intake, it gives your metabolism a boost.

Have a look at the following thread, perhaps its easier to read what she has written to me a few weeks ago.

http://www.minimins.com/calorie-counting/85520-new-calorie-counting-after-lipotrim.html

Oh I see, thanks mary, will do.

Wow, the thread really helped. Certainly evened out. Now we have two diet guru's LMAO!

Thanks for that Mary :)

I know nothing Yasmine, only the little bit I have picked up from asking advice. KD has some great threads, its worth just clicking on her profile and reading some threads, or just going through the calorie counting forum and looking at her entries.

Oh defintely!

To be honest Yasmine, I'm terrified of going back up....I'm not a character with great self-esteem generally (although that may seem different in some of my posts), but any "major" increase in weight would probably put me back on the track of the vicious comfort eating circle. The skipping of meals sometimes isn't planned, it's just how the day pans out and if I know I'm going to have something "big", then skipping the odd meal shouldn't have to profound of an effect on me.

BTW Yasmine - loving the new you in the pics! ;)

I'm just praying for some sunny weather then I can get out on my weights and do something! :(

Week 7 - Day 7:

Brekkie: Porridge, with sultanas and honey made with water.

Lunch: A few sunflower seeds and sultanas.

Dinner: Piece of breaded cod with a spinach salad and a wholemeal pitta bread.

Drinks: 2 litres of water, 1.5l diet pepsi and black coffee.

Snack: Handful of grapes.

Aww Mark, I can understand your fears hun - big hugs.
I just feel that I would be constantly hungry with some of your menu's. I would be inclined to add some yogurt too as you are lacking in dairy products for calcium. Mary nag is nagging again - strangely enough, my OH says that too :)

To be honest Yasmine, I'm terrified of going back up....I'm not a character with great self-esteem generally (although that may seem different in some of my posts), but any "major" increase in weight would probably put me back on the track of the vicious comfort eating circle. The skipping of meals sometimes isn't planned, it's just how the day pans out and if I know I'm going to have something "big", then skipping the odd meal shouldn't have to profound of an effect on me.

BTW Yasmine - loving the new you in the pics! ;)

I'm just praying for some sunny weather then I can get out on my weights and do something! :(

Week 7 - Day 7:

Brekkie: Porridge, with sultanas and honey made with water.

Lunch: A few sunflower seeds and sultanas.

Dinner: Piece of breaded cod with a spinach salad and a wholemeal pitta bread.

Drinks: 2 litres of water, 1.5l diet pepsi and black coffee.

Snack: Handful of grapes.
I can totally understand where you're coming from Mark. I too am frightened to death of reverting back to looking like a muffin. I do get what you mean if some meals are skipped and you have something to make up for it later and if you don't have the time either. Sometimes I skip snacks myself, I have to watch my calorie intake for the time being. Some fruit won't hurt you though. You should try snacking on foods (when appropriate) with a low GI and that are less than 3g of fat just to e on the safe side. You'll feel satisfied for longer :).

Thanks for the compliment on my pic :hug99: I can see on your pics all that muscle work outs are paying off :D

Back