MARRRYYY!!!! & others who have been to Turkey - can you give me some info please?!!

ah i hope duty free thing is ok - my brother bought back loads when he went so im just guna chance it! :) the cigarettes are cheaper in turkey than the airport though arent they?

I have just done my final pack - had to swap suitcases as the other one i was using was too heavy - packed then unpacked and repacked just to double check :D all i have to do now is my toiletries :D im soooooo excited!!!!! :giggle: I still have 10 hours left of work and 3 more sleeps :sigh: :p

Yeah, isnt the kebab a traditional turkish food? and they are nothing like the kebabs we get here?

Yea they are so much nicer over there... but these one's are the one in like take away places more so than restuarants and they are just so nice and they dont put loads of crap on them like we would get... just a thin wrap and chicken and all... we all love them when we go, we get them on beech as a snack rather than going in for lunch... and we do have them with a little can of beer too like a little coke can of beer on the beech haha :):)

ah i hope duty free thing is ok - my brother bought back loads when he went so im just guna chance it! :) the cigarettes are cheaper in turkey than the airport though arent they?

I have just done my final pack - had to swap suitcases as the other one i was using was too heavy - packed then unpacked and repacked just to double check :D all i have to do now is my toiletries :D im soooooo excited!!!!! :giggle: I still have 10 hours left of work and 3 more sleeps :sigh: :p

once again, i am so jealous :):)

yea they would be slightly cheaper but somtimes in airport on way back is similar... we have always brought back loads and i know people who have brought back 1000's.... so you will be fine...

Can't remember if I've posted this anywhere else but being strapped for weight this year with the 15kg thing I weighed our cases for the 1st time. The 2 of them together EMPTY weigh 10.5kgs!!! That's ridiculous isn't it? They're soft ones too but it's the wheels & stuff that weigh I suppose HMPHHHHH!!! ;) xx

oh dear jan - maybe you should think about investing in some light weight cases?

i think mine is roughly 4kgs - with my stuff in it weighs just over 10kgs :S

Another thing I have got into because of going to Turkey is ......lemon with my lentil soup. Wow, when I first seen someone squeezing lemon juice into lentil soup, I thought, how disgusting, but I have to try everything once to say I dont like it......well, I am converted, I love it.

HAHAHA - SNAP!!!!! I am NEVER without lemon at home, never...cardinal sin!!

Yeah, isnt the kebab a traditional turkish food? and they are nothing like the kebabs we get here?

Turks say the kebabs over here are an insult to them as they taste absolutely nothing like...you can get an Iskender kebab, which has natural yoghurt underneath the actual Pide (bread they use), with salad, and a lovely sauce...oh yummy!! Might have to have that too :)..

Now, if you fly Turkish airlines you get around 24-25 kg :) thank goodness that's all I can say..one case is dead on 25kg, and the smaller one (at the minute) is around 10-15kg...phew!!

Tanya, dont buy your cigarettes in resort, they are fake unless you can find the ones with the little orange/gold sticker. Best to buy your smokes in the airport or on the plane.

oh really? mum smokes lamberts ....

ok - thanks mary :) x

I thought I'd bought Superking lights once when we went to The Gambia - they looked really authentic but when my mum tried them she was physically sick! Be careful honey xx

how can i tell if they are the real deal then???

I don't know about in Turkey but in Greece we look for those imported from the UK (I kid you not!) .... Mary said something about coloured stickers? Otherwise play it safe and get them at the airport Tan - they might be a tad more expensive but they'll still be a hell of a lot cheaper than here! xx

Tanya Turkish Bath's are great on your first day too but not everyone likes them, they scrub your skin and you feel great afterwards, all the dead skin is off and you get a great colour :):) - they can be a bit rough though throwing you around and hitting and scrubing you with wet clothes haha.... and not good if you have false tan on :) but really good for your skin.... look into it online for some info on it if your interested.. :):)

Tanya Turkish Bath's are great on your first day too but not everyone likes them, they scrub your skin and you feel great afterwards, all the dead skin is off and you get a great colour :):) - they can be a bit rough though throwing you around and hitting and scrubing you with wet clothes haha.... and not good if you have false tan on :) but really good for your skin.... look into it online for some info on it if your interested.. :):)

Oh Tanya, I am having visions of you being thrown around like a rag doll..hahahahahaha...oh, it is rough...I have never braved it, I must admit..would love to, but oh, the sports massage is bad enough, and I am black and blue for a week after.....people would report my hubby thinking he had been beating me up!!! haha

I hope you try it !! It will be fun :)

Er, i think i'll give that turkish bath malarky a miss!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Oooh dont miss out on such a treat Tanya, they are wonderful, its not rough rough, just a good old scrub and a great massage afterwards - you will love it.

Have it on your first or second day though and with all the dead skin gone, you get a great tan.

Back