Mashed potato

Bunnylush

Gold Member
Give me your best SW mash recipe pretty please. I am living without clover/ butter ,no problem. My Achilles heel was mashed potato with oodles of clover. So now I don't have mash at all. Has anyone come up with some wonderful ,tasty version? I know I'm kidding myself ,nothings going to taste like butter :(

Last edited:
You could try using one of these...laughing cow cheese spread wedges, philli spread with chives, low fat cheddar, just use your daily allowance X how many people you are making it for!
Here is mine with sausages, cauliflower, peas and gravy!

HoneyGlazedSausagewithMashCauliflowerSmall.jpg

Have you tried ButterBuds? Lakeland Ltd sell them, its basically butter, freeze dried to a powder, in a sachet. If memory serves me correctly they are 1/2 a sin per sachet, & each sachet is the equivalent to a teaspoon of butter. They just melt into hot potato.

I'm drooling over Pete's mash! I have butter buds Thanks. They would just seem so lost in a pile of mash lol, but I may try, and I guess my pile should not be big! Pete I've thought about cheese, but it's not butter lol, and I'm tight with my HEXA. I shall try both xx

My favourite mash is one I use to top shepherds pie. 2/3 potato, 1/3 sweet potato, 2 tbspn half fat creme fraiche, salt, black pepper and grated Parmesan from hexa. Seriously delish! 2 syns for creme fraiche but I do enough for 2 and what's a syn between friends :eek:)

Aahhh how I miss the butter but unfortunately I loved it too much. I'm going cold turkey n trying to develop new tastes lol

Back