matabalisium??

madhousemum

Silver Member
i know this diet slows it down but does it go back to your normal rate???

The short answer is yes.
Here's the long answer lol:
It used to be believed (until the start of this year in fact!) that dieting reduced your metabolism for the long term.
Various studies have now proven that is not the case - metabolism builds back up, you just have to increase the amounts you eat slowly.
Refeed and the maintenance plan will help with that.
Exercise after LT will also raise your metabolism - by building muscle, you can increase the number of calories your body burns in a day even when you aren't exercising x

I'd never heard that actually. In fact I'd imagine with the increase of water intake your metabolism would improve -especially if you keep up drinking the water after LT.

i was told by val at lipotrim that my metabolism will be working normally now, i wasn't convinced at all and was worried as she told me to eat 2000 calories a day to maintain my weight....she said that my metabolism wouldve been working overtime when i was fat because i was eating alot more calories in a day than i was supposed to eat so now that i am a normal weight and eating a normal daily allowance of calories she said my metabolism will be back to normal...hmmmm i am still not convinced though lol i went over 2000 calories once last week by about 300 calories and the other days i didnt exceed 1500 and still put nearly 3lb on so i dont believe that it is working normally but i also dont think it is completely stuffed up as i have had a couple of losses on maintenance

thank you xxxxxxx

have you had your thyroid gland checked nic? if it is low you may find it harder to maintain, feel cold a lot, feel tired and have poor sleep, feel low and weepy sometimes. sounds like the first week of lipotrim again!

simple home check to guide you.

take you temp every morning you wake up for one week, if you temp is less than 37 degrees c, then you could have underactive thyroid. try adding in kelp tablets as they have iodine, also restrict broccoli, cauliflower, strawberries and peaches (nectarines ok - weird!) as they can interrfere with iodine absorbtion.

best bet, go to dr's and get a check.

good luck!

Back