Matt's Journey: Yesterdays Tomorrow

1lb off this week, breathing a sigh of relief as I did indulge in one to many drinks on my birthday.

This week is going to be tough, going to a wedding, and will be in a hotel from Thursday to Sunday, cant see that I will be able to avoid the cooked breakfasts, fish n chips on the sea front or a 99 icecream. Will be going with good intentions and taking the gym kit to try and limit the damage, will also try to limit the alchol.

After that I am going out with work on Monday all paid for, so its another disaster :| still once these two events are out of the way should have a couple of event free weeks to get back on track.

Thats good, 1lb off is definitely a step in the right direction, and yay to a social life too! :D
Sounds good for the wedding! So long as you listen to the good intentions, and stick to your plan when you are able to, I bet you'll be fine. And get up and have a bit of a boogie at the reception, burn off a couple of pints of booze that way :D

Have a fab time :)

Oh dear.

So, Wednesday was ok diet wise, Thursday I had a mcdonalds on the drive to sunderland but an ok dinner, Friday was the wedding 2-3 pints + unhealthy buffet (no healthy option) + cooked breakfast, Saturday cooked breakfast + fish n chips for lunch drove home and had no dinner, Sunday was a good day, Monday out drinking with work had spanish tapas,

Tuesday weight in, lose of 1lbs :eek:

I suspect it will come back and bite me next week, but will be going for best behaviour.

Total lost is now 45lbs, would like to hit 50lbs by the end of July which is 2.5lbs for the next 2 WI's not impossible but by no means easy either. 1lb to go to get next SW sticker.

Only 0.5lbs of this week, pretty disappointed, must try harder, think a couple of runs are in order and maybe a swim at the weekend, might also try mixing up the weight training which at the minute is heavy weights, moving 1 of the sessions to light weights at high rep.

At least it's still going in the right direction, thats the main thing, but I understand how the smaller losses can be disappointing.
Hope the extra runs help and reward you on the scales next time!! :)

Thanks, didnt get much extra exercise in as I have been ill over the weekend, the result being a 7lb lose this week, have been expecting a big lose bit worred this is too big though.

Hopefully its genuine and stays, will have to be extra good this week. I'm working from home a bit more due to the olympics/underground, so was planning to go swimming in the mornings hasnt worked out yet due to not being to well, but I think I should be able to start in a day or 2.

Hi I'm new to cc so just mooching through diarys :) your doing great!

Hope ur feeling better now :D
Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Slightly surprised its been so long since I last updated, although on the other hand I didnt have a great August my weight stayed the same, going up one week down the next.

Sept has started of well with a 3lb lose, I thinkly this is partly being driven by me cycling to the train station a bit more, I am going to try to make this my usual form of transport for Sept and as much of Oct as possible before it gets to cold and wet.

Sticking with SW, which works well for me, I guess August was just a bit of blip, and i havent remained as strict or focussed as I needed to.

That being said I guess the positive when I finally reach goal I should be able to maintain :)

Total weight loss is now 4stone, if I lose another 4lbs I will be at my lowest ever recorded weight since my teens.

7th Aug - 1.5lbs gain
14th Aug - 2lbs loss
21st Aug - 2.5lb gain
28th Aug - 2.5lb loss
4th Sep - 3lbs loss

Thanks Jen, cycled in today I quite like it, get to see london and makes the journey more fun, my only issue with it is I am not a morning person, so by lunch I am exhausted from the 6am start. Plus I dont have a locker at work yet i'm on a waiting list but I think its a long one ;(

Still 1200 to 1500 extra calories burned every day I cycle.

Wow that's an incredible amount of calories to burn! 4 stones so far is fantastic :)

If gone the opposite way. Started with SW and now CC.

Another 1lb off this week, was a little disappointed as I cycled in Tuesday, part of Wednesday and Thursday last week and again Tuesday and today so far of this week. Plus I cycled a bit at the weekend and have done strength training twice.

I guess it could just be a little water retention, my legs are killing me so wouldnt surprise me if that was the case as I understand when muscles rebuild they store a little extra water.

Hopeful the effort will show some results on the scales next week.

Congratulations on your huge loss so far. 1lb off is great but I can understand your disappointment with so much exercise- are you eating enough the days you're doing more?

I havent really changed my eating habits, I keep meaning to get some protien shakes to have in the evening and morning.

To be honest in the past I have tried eating more when exercising and I didnt notice any difference.

I am drinking a bit more water this week, around half a litre extra in the morning and in the afternoon.

Cheated a little yesterday as I rode in but on the way home the mrs called and said it was raining in milton keynes, it wasnt raining in london so I did the london ride, but when I got into MK she was at the station so I skipped the ride home and stayed dry. She must be after something :D

I have been sulking since yesterdays weigh in, but the sun is shining so we have new hope for next week.

I lost 1lb, which I know is good, but its so depressing when you work so hard to get just 1lb.

My week went like this.

Tuesday cycled into and back from work 1hr 30mins
Wednesday cycled into work 1hr
Thursday cycled into and back from work 1hr 30mins
Friday rested/walked
Saturday cycled to the gym 40mins each way did 20mins weights 20 mins swim
Sunday rested
Monday did 60 mins weight training
Yesterday cycled to slimming world and back 40mins total.

Thats probably 100miles cycled for 1lb ;(

I think this week I will start updating myfitnesspal food tracker I must be missing something.

Wont be cycling in as much as I am working from home a lot, but I will still try and get out and do some excercise.

Wish I could find what works for me weight loss wise as I see people losing 4lb a week and wonder how on earth they do it, every lb I lose is a battle.

Last edited:
1lb loss is still a loss! I know how you feel though I've never been a fast looser and it's hard when you've put so much effort in but it might come off next week so just keep it up! You've done really well so far x

I get the same feeling, when I lose 1/2 here, 1lb there, and others are on 3, 4, 5 a week.... It really is disheartening sometimes but we'll get there in the end! :) Keep at it, it's going in the right direction, and all this exercise, I bet you're changing shape as well as losing the weight, which is another major battle to beat!! :)

Happy Weekend!!

This week I didnt make my regular weight in as I had to work late, so didnt get on the train until after the club had finished. Yesterday I went to a lunch time SW club to weight in for the week just so I have an update and I had stayed the same. Not sure if this is the change in time of the day I get weight, different scales, or not, don't feel I should have stayed the same.

I am so fed up with weight loss, I think I might actually just ignore it for a while, It's so depressing as I am constantly missing goals its very unpredictable or maybe I am just unrealistic.

Considering changing my goals to be around fitness, as I at least then feel partly in control.

1. [STRIKE]Run[/STRIKE] Jog 5k in 30mins
2. Cycle 20k in 1hr
3. Swim 1k in any time period
4. Be able to - do 25 push ups - 5 pull ups - bench press/squat/barbel row body weight - overhead press 75% of body weight

I guess the first step is to have a go at each of those this weekend and see where my starting point is.

Back