Step 1 Sole Source Maximum carb intake..

laurenmay

Gold Member
Does anybody know what the maximum carb intake tends to be on SS? There must be a limit to keep people within ketosis and was just wondering what that is.. I'll be following CD using my CD steps book that I've got from a previous attempt but using slim and save packs as they're cheaper, so just gotta make sure that whatever packs I use don't total over the carb limit. Thanks.

laurenmay said:
Does anybody know what the maximum carb intake tends to be on SS? There must be a limit to keep people within ketosis and was just wondering what that is.. I'll be following CD using my CD steps book that I've got from a previous attempt but using slim and save packs as they're cheaper, so just gotta make sure that whatever packs I use don't total over the carb limit. Thanks.

Shakes and soups on Cambridge contain 14g each, bars slightly more. Most people are able to stay "in the pink" at 60g carb per day though officially anything less than 100g carb per day constitutes a low carb diet.

You can stay in Ketosis on step 2 and hit around 80/90g of carbs on that. It would also depend how carb sensitive you are x

Shakes and soups on Cambridge contain 14g each, bars slightly more. Most people are able to stay "in the pink" at 60g carb per day though officially anything less than 100g carb per day constitutes a low carb diet.

Okay thanks! I don't have any Cambridge nor slim and save bars as I don't like them so should be okay.. will add all my packs into MFP daily to keep track anyway :)

Definitely depends on how carb sensitive you are.I was lucky and could tolerate carbs quite well(I had 3 bars one day oops) but my friend couldn't even have an extra soup before slipping out of ketosis.

Of course, I could now go on to deliver my lecture about how ketosis isn't nearly as important on a VLCD as many of us are led to believe. But that would spoil the fun! :D

I'll just say though - cos I can't help myself ;) - VLCD stands for Very Low Calorie Diet. The magic isn't in ketosis - it's in keeping to a very low calorie intake while having enough vitamins, mineral, protein, fat, carb and fibre for your body to function. Ketosis helps keep hunger at bay (possibly) but other than that it has no magic properties.

Oops, I seem to have delivered my lecture anyway. :8855:

Of course, I could now go on to deliver my lecture about how ketosis isn't nearly as important on a VLCD as many of us are led to believe. But that would spoil the fun! :D

I'll just say though - cos I can't help myself ;) - VLCD stands for Very Low Calorie Diet. The magic isn't in ketosis - it's in keeping to a very low calorie intake while having enough vitamins, mineral, protein, fat, carb and fibre for your body to function. Ketosis helps keep hunger at bay (possibly) but other than that it has no magic properties.

Oops, I seem to have delivered my lecture anyway. :8855:

Yep I know ketosis isn't needed & it's just the apparent 'keep hunger at bay' tool but thank you for the info anyway. I just don't wanna go over carbs because some slim & save packs, such as the cottage pie meal, are 30g of carbs and that's practically double what a Cambridge pack is.

Hush Lily...don't spoil the magic that is ketosis :p

Back