may be a silly question but...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by JustJen84, 24 August 2009 Social URL.

1. JustJen84

JustJen84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(21.05%)
    Diet:
    WW
    do you think you loose more weight in winter than in the summer? i feel like thats true but i have no reason behind it:hmm:just curious

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Yvonne1989

Yvonne1989 Needs to stop eating!!

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.04%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    For me the answer would probably be yes because in summer I HAVE to eat ice cream whereas in winter there is no such foods I HAVE to eat lol.

4. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

The differences would be small I think, but reading about how the body works would lead me to think that due to the fact that the weather is colder in winter (not much in this country I know!!) your body uses up more calories in keeping itself warm. As a result your calorie defecit technically will increase when it is colder as your body works harder to keep itself warm. I don't think that the differences would be enough to make a big difference ....

Anyone volunteer for an experiment? Do SS and sit in a freezer to see if you lose weight quicker :D

claira07 likes this.
  5. Chlo

Chlo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.7%)
    Diet:
    LL / CD
    I always lose more in summer, because I am more active and likely to be outdoors alot more. I guess it depends on your lifestyle, and will differ for different people.

6. onlyme!

onlyme! is a naughty girl...

Diet:
    CD
    I tell you what if you lost weight quicker I would do it! ;)

7. JustJen84

JustJen84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(21.05%)
    Diet:
    WW
    i tend to be more active in winter im def a winter person love the cold air and cruncy leaves in autum , im not good with the heat although i get good exercise trying to run away from wasps. i have an american fridge freezer i might be able to cram myself into that for the experiment :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.