MAY CHALLENGE - "You are as welcome as the flowers in May."

Good morning Daz,
-3lbs for me please.
I'm away next week so can you mark me as holiday please :) x
Think i should ban all holidays being that i can't have one. :(

Hi daz

ive got a naughty black mark against my name for last week but I thought I registered a 1lb gain that week? If I didn't I'm sorry and grovel
My mistake, its showing on the other challenge, my place to grovel me thinks. :eek:

This week, my old scales broke. I've bought some new ones earlier in the week and when I weighed myself on Monday they showed a few lbs different to my old ones (nightmare!). How annoying? I don't want to write off the last 6 weeks on SW, but I don't know now what my accurate starting weight was. Therefore, I've decided that I'm going to start to track my stats from scratch today (a fresh start so to speak) and will just count down any lbs lost next week for the May challenge.

So, this week my new scales are showing a STS. :( It's looking like I probably won't hit my target this month but I'm not going to let technology beat me. I will see how close I am by the end of next week and that will fire me up for the June challenge.

Good luck everyone with their final May WIs x
Proof positive that mechanical things are far more reliable than digital. :8855:

2.5 lbs off this week - Thanks

1/2lb on for me Daz. Not bad after a cup final weekend I say. Have 1lb left for the month. Will get that for next week.

I have a question, please :) After you got to your target, will you still mark your weight loss this month or not?
Thank you
Keep declaring, the challenge is for the whole month, its only a success if the whole month is completed and maintained.

1lb off this week please :)

1lb off for me please. I got my 0.5 stone award at group today :)

1lb off for me this week please.

Hi Daz I am on holiday for the next two weeks if you could mark it down thank you

2.8lb off please daz :)

3lbs off please Daz! :)

Hi, please may I pull out of the challenge, thankyou. A big fat fail for me lol x

May Challenge.png

Whats happening here? Normally lucky if i see a bit of tumbleweed in these challenges on a weekend, and yet i am being weighed down by the attendance figures over the last 2 days. Something changed around here, or you just all loving my company so much? :rotflmao:

"Keep declaring, the challenge is for the whole month, its only a success if the whole month is completed and maintained."

5,5 pound off this week for me then , please. Thank you

"Keep declaring, the challenge is for the whole month, its only a success if the whole month is completed and maintained."

I bet you have been holding your breath, dying to shout that out. lol.

Awesome, well done. I shall lose about the same this coming week, ive opted to have a foot amputated. :eek:

May Challenge.png

Of course there is the problem of perhaps losing incentive once target has been achieved, and then falling foul of gains over the next few weeks, but what some would do is increase their target for the challenge, or i actually included a % value so that there was a marker to use (ie, see how high a % can be achieved). This is more for future reference as clearly this challenge is about finished.

hi daz can you put me down as holiday this week (tuesday). Didnt make it to weigh in. Thank you

Last edited:
It's my final weigh in for the challenge on Friday, really don't think I'm going to lose 6lbs this week to successfully hit my 10lb target. I've been doing success express this week to boost my loss and try to get as close to the target as I can.

Although I won't have met the challenge, the fact that I'm staying on plan and aiming to get as close as possible is a mini victory for me. Usually, I would give up and throw in the towel if I felt I couldn't successfully meet a goal.

Thanks for running these monthly challenges, they really are a great way to help us stay focused each week and hang on in until the end of the month.

I'm excited for the June one already! :D

Daz I lost half a pound last week, this weeks weigh in is delayed until Wednesday

It's my final weigh in for the challenge on Friday, really don't think I'm going to lose 6lbs this week to successfully hit my 10lb target. I've been doing success express this week to boost my loss and try to get as close to the target as I can.

Although I won't have met the challenge, the fact that I'm staying on plan and aiming to get as close as possible is a mini victory for me. Usually, I would give up and throw in the towel if I felt I couldn't successfully meet a goal.

Thanks for running these monthly challenges, they really are a great way to help us stay focused each week and hang on in until the end of the month.

I'm excited for the June one already! :D
This is what I tried to achieve with adding the % value, a target to see rather than the challenge people set at the beginning of the challenge. Yes, reaching target would be great for all of us, but a mini goal of eating a chunk into that % value is just as good. Getting above 100% would be awesome, getting over 1% is still a victory.

STS again :(
I feel your pain, no matter how positive i try to be about maintaining. But, I suppose it means we aren't getting fatter. ;)

May Challenge.png

This is what I tried to achieve with adding the % value, a target to see rather than the challenge people set at the beginning of the challenge. Yes, reaching target would be great for all of us, but a mini goal of eating a chunk into that % value is just as good. Getting above 100% would be awesome, getting over 1% is still a victory.

It's a great idea. It definitely has worked for me! It helps to put the weight loss in to perspective.

STS :0(

0.5lb off this week, not as much as I wanted but it's better than a gain

Not making last weigh in for the month. Can you put me down as a hokiday please? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning! 2lb off this week so I'm back where I started pre birthday. I'll take that all day long! Is there a June one in the pipeline?

1lb off for me last night Daz :)

I didn't complete this months challenge but I lost every week so I can't complain (And I'm only 2.5lb away from target, whoop whoop!) :giggle:

Back