MAY I JOIN U PLS HELP NEEDED and menu check X

owens3116

Hi all

After the hell that is cambridge diet i thought stuff this ! lol

Im starting slimming world im heavy 19st and have about 7 stone to lose

im mummy to a 2 yr old little girl whom i adore and one of my reasons for losing weight is i wanna be able to run after her and go swimming etc

theres not a meeting nr me till next tuesday but rather than think stuff it ill start then im starting today ie dug out one of my mums old slim world book thought this would keep me roughly on track untill next week

Ive not dont this diet before so bare with me plese would u check my menu so far and tell me if its ok im on a orig day

braekfast
1 slice wholmeal bread (hx b)
1tsp light flora (1 syn)
marmite

lunch
chicken breast large sprinkled with cajun spices
salad - lettece,onions,cucumber
1 tbsp light mayo (2.5 syns)

my a choice today is semi milk for my tea

for tea im thinking of making a beef curry with free ingredients and a jkt pot (hx b)

are u sure i can have all this food including pots on a orig day ?? and i will lose weight ?
does it slow your weight loss down choosing bread/pots on orig day ?

and how many syns should i start of with ?

should i make sure i eat all my syns everyday ? as ive got a lot to lose and if i eat them all now i can reduce as i go on?

i carnt see how i could shift 7 stone without lowering intake as i get slimmer ?

sorry for all questions much thanks
lias xx

Hi Lisa, like you i was on LL and after 3 weeks i could'nt do it anymore, i started SW on Tuesday, so am new to this to, cant really help much but good to know someone else is new to it too x

This seems fine. Have you also looked at extra easy?
Good luck and you can do it but remember the cd diet will make you loose as you are eating NOTHING and starving yourself. But this is a healthy way of life.
xx

LOL -I was going to say that you're not eating enough!
I think you need to add in more fruit and veg and snacks between your main meals. You're also allowed to have two HEAs now.

I started off about the same as you, ate like a horse and lost 7st in 11 months going from a size 24/26 to a 10/12. I continued to eat the same throughout and actually lost more the week I reached target than I had my first week.

My average menu would look something like this:

Breakfast - Cooked breakfast with quorn sausages, beans, egg, tomatoes, mushroom, and wholemeal toast (HEB)
Snack - yogurt, banana, grapes
Lunch - vegetable soup, baked potato with cottage cheese and LF coleslaw or pasta 'n' sauce
Snack - yoghurt and more fruit
Dinner - Big plate of pasta/rice/cous cous with something like curry/chilli/bolognese (HEB) packed with veggies
Snack - sin free rice pudding/hot chocolate/fruit salad
Skimmed milk for my HEA in tea and coffee
Sins used in cooking eg tom puree, stock, dried apricots etc

I did mostly green as I found I was hungry on red days and much preferred pasta and rice to meat - have since gone veggie.

So it can and does work. I think it'll just take you a bit of time to get rid of the fear of food that comes with a very restricted diet. Good luck and look forward to hearing how you get on.

By the way, to answer your question I worked to 10 sins a day throughout my weight loss, lost consistently and never needed to cut back.

Last edited:
LOL -I was going to say that you're not eating enough!
I think you need to add in more fruit and veg and snacks between your main meals. You're also allowed to have two HEAs now.

I started off about the same as you, ate like a horse and lost 7st in 11 months going from a size 24/26 to a 10/12. I continued to eat the same throughout and actually lost more the week I reached target than I had my first week.

My average menu would look something like this:

Breakfast - Cooked breakfast with quorn sausages, beans, egg, tomatoes, mushroom, and wholemeal toast (HEB)
Snack - yogurt, banana, grapes
Lunch - vegetable soup, baked potato with cottage cheese and LF coleslaw or pasta 'n' sauce
Snack - yoghurt and more fruit
Dinner - Big plate of pasta/rice/cous cous with something like curry/chilli/bolognese (HEB) packed with veggies
Snack - sin free rice pudding/hot chocolate/fruit salad
Skimmed milk for my HEA in tea and coffee
Sins used in cooking eg tom puree, stock, dried apricots etc

I did mostly green as I found I was hungry on red days and much preferred pasta and rice to meat - have since gone veggie.

So it can and does work. I think it'll just take you a bit of time to get rid of the fear of food that comes with a very restricted diet. Good luck and look forward to hearing how you get on.

By the way, to answer your question I worked to 10 sins a day throughout my weight loss, lost consistently and never needed to cut back.

Ahh thankyou so much for all your advice really usefull to see your menu too im on a green day today and i will see how i go on it

have u done the new EE yet ? that seems too good to be true !

once again
thankyou
lisa

Im doing the EE plan this week and it is really easy to stick to as you can eat pretty much anything you want but I am waiting to see what happens when i get on the scales on monday. I got a feeling I haven't shifted any weight this week. Been easier to deal with syns aswell as I dont have to look how many syns things are on red and green and work it out, I just pick my HxA&b for the day and then everything else i usually keep in the free foods. Accept my WW caramel cake bars n the SW Ferrero Rocher that i made yesterday. lol. Hope you find it easy enough. The people on here are fab in case you didnt already know. lol. And they are always helpful.

No I haven't sorry . As I said I'm a vegetarian now and EE doesn't cater for veggies. We don't eat meat or fish anyway so no need to mix red/green in the same meal and you end up losing a HEA and HEB so no point really. Would rather stay on green as I love my bread :D

Back