May I join?

Spanglymum

Gold Member
Hello, everyone! I've been a member here for a while now, but over on the LL boards. I've been lurking on Atkins for a while and hope I can join in.

I lost a LOT of weight on LL in 2010-11 and have been maintaining pretty well since January last year. I have fluctuated a couple of times though - and have gradually realised that it's connected to refined carbs. I am amazed at how quickly I can gain (and also lose) pounds, if I start eating things that disagree with me.

Been reading Atkins, and also some Gary Taubes books and they make SO much sense to me. I've been doing low-carb for the past few days and think it's starting to work ie, food cravings are going, I'm thirsty, my appetite has gone down and is more manageable.

Can I join you all? You seem a very cheery bunch and I'm loving your recipes! :D (Haven't yet tried a "mim" but I know it's only a matter of time...)

It's working for me, hope you have fun :)

Welcome :), sounds like you are going to do just fine on Atkins. I haven't yet tried a MiM, i'm a bit afraid to incase i get carried away and don't stop eating, lol.

Thanks so much for the welcome, everyone! :)

Hi Spangly and welcome - you will love this woe, and ask as many questions as you like, they are a very knowledgeable lot here! :D

Back