May I start again?

My name is Ron
I'm now 29
From NI (Northern Ireland)
Weighin in at around 13/14 stone probably in fat.

The thing is, i honestly ain't that fat, i deffo could do with loosing a 3/4 stone or so.
I plan on loosing the fat and then join a gym to start doing the weights in earns't.
At the minute the only thing stopping me going to the gym to loose the pounds is my job.
I spin for 30 mins per night. (base)
Only have slimfast shake & 1 banana & 2 apples for both lunch and dinner. I'm loosing weight alright, but just not as quick as I thought.
I know weight loss takes time, but just thought i'd ask if anyone has any suggestions as to loosing weight quicker with my exercise routine?:wave_cry:

My name is Ron
I'm now 29
From NI (Northern Ireland)
Weighin in at around 13/14 stone probably in fat.

The thing is, i honestly ain't that fat, i deffo could do with loosing a 3/4 stone or so.
I plan on loosing the fat and then join a gym to start doing the weights in earns't.
At the minute the only thing stopping me going to the gym to loose the pounds is my job.
I spin for 30 mins per night. (base)
Only have slimfast shake & 1 banana & 2 apples for both lunch and dinner. I'm loosing weight alright, but just not as quick as I thought.
I know weight loss takes time, but just thought i'd ask if anyone has any suggestions as to loosing weight quicker with my exercise routine?:wave_cry:

Hi Ron :),

It seems like your calorie intake is extremely low - and that can often work against you when you try to lose weight, contradictory as it sounds. Your body goes into 'starvation mode' because your diet is so restricted and you can end up putting weight on rather than losing evenly.
I would advise you to cut the calories to around 1800-2000 a day to lose weight, depending on your height and build, and then supplement that with exercise. If you have a pedometer or a treadmill to measure calories burnt, that would be useful too.

Starving yourself is definitely not the way to go though, you could make yourself ill / encourage binge-eating if you live on just shakes and fruit.

Amy x

Id agree with Amy youre not eating enough. If youre using SF you should really be using it properly and having a meal the way they specify. If youre only having shakes SF wont give you all the things you need and you might be better trying something like Cambridge or LL. The way youre doing it just now really isnt healthy

I don't think you are eating enough either.

Have a look at the slimfast section and see what everyone else is eating

Irene xx

Id agree with Amy youre not eating enough. If youre using SF you should really be using it properly and having a meal the way they specify. If youre only having shakes SF wont give you all the things you need and you might be better trying something like Cambridge or LL. The way youre doing it just now really isnt healthy

Whats the cambridge an LL? Does the whole calorie burn' versus ' calorie intake diet work?
I find now that fruit alone fills me an keeps my energy levels up.
I don't know what to do anymore cos everyone ( outside of this forum) says different things and all I want is a straight forward intake/out take calorie regime. any ideas PLEASE?

Whats the cambridge an LL? Does the whole calorie burn' versus ' calorie intake diet work?
I find now that fruit alone fills me an keeps my energy levels up.
I don't know what to do anymore cos everyone ( outside of this forum) says different things and all I want is a straight forward intake/out take calorie regime. any ideas PLEASE?

It's not really a diet, it's just a medical fact. If you burn off more than you take in, you will lose weight. Stick to around 2000 cals a day, burn 600 or so through exercise daily, and you should lose between 2-3lbs a week. Trying to live on fruit & shakes alone is ridiculous and will slow down your metabolism and make it harder for you to lose weight / maintain any losses.

what can i add, the advice already given is spot on, i follow sw and exercise for 30 minutes aday, (i mix up what i do as i get bored quickly)
keep posting and exploring the threads this place is great :)

Back