May money challenge

Yup am gonna do the same tomorrow babybuffy!! Got plans that need investment, going to cut all corners where possible.

I started to read this thread which is really interesting but must admit there are so many pages!!!

Anyhow, like babybuffy84 I'm going to work out my budget after payday,which is next week.

I've found the last 4 wks (maybe longer) I've been spending about £60 per week on shopping & there is only 2 of us, now I find that too much. So I'm going to have a real think about what I buy & ask myself if we really need it.

I've also got holidays planned for later in the year & which I need to factor more money towards as OH is putting more money to other bills which are more than normal.

Ok payday !!! Thank god !!!!

I have a few things on this month one being a personal shopper day next Saturday and Father's Day !!!
Just worked out after all my bills god shopping petrol etc i have £200 to live off and to do both off them things !!
Now I already have £140 off vouchers and £70 cash for the shopping day already put away (the day was a Christmas present)
Father's Day I already have my hubby a t shirt so was thinking maybe some dollars and a big bar off galaxy and maybe dollars and choccy for my dad too so maybe £30 tops there !!
Also thinking about a countdown at Sw so there's £25 !!!
Normally I give myself £50 a week but want to cut that down to be able to put some money away this month !!

Ok payday !!! Thank god !!!!

I have a few things on this month one being a personal shopper day next Saturday and Father's Day !!!
Just worked out after all my bills god shopping petrol etc i have £200 to live off and to do both off them things !!
Now I already have £140 off vouchers and £70 cash for the shopping day already put away (the day was a Christmas present)
Father's Day I already have my hubby a t shirt so was thinking maybe some dollars and a big bar off galaxy and maybe dollars and choccy for my dad too so maybe £30 tops there !!
Also thinking about a countdown at Sw so there's £25 !!!
Normally I give myself £50 a week but want to cut that down to be able to put some money away this month !!

Good luck chick, you can do it, you seem so determined!

My goal this month is to try and save £100 of my £200 spare that i have after bills/holidays/birthdays etc
And to not use the credit card now that i've finally managed to pay it off!

Yup am gonna do the same tomorrow babybuffy!! Got plans that need investment, going to cut all corners where possible.

Good luck Mandlegrot (would love to know where that name came from, it sounds like a Tolkien/Pratchett character lol)

HH - There will be a June thread i think, so not so many pages on that one to catch up with. These guys are doing amazing!
Money seems to burn a hole in my pocket but i'm gonna try really hard :)

How well my money plan goes this month depends on my MOT this morning...as far as i know there is nowt wrong with my van but you never know about these things!!

How well my money plan goes this month depends on my MOT this morning...as far as i know there is nowt wrong with my van but you never know about these things!!

How'd it go Mandlegrot (hehe love typing that)?

Littlehippo - How are you doing after your accident hun? Is your whiplash any better?

xx

Just went to Wales and Somerset but was so lucky with the weather as it seems we were the only people in the country to have sunshine and temperatures warm enough to sit outside and walk on the beach :)

Def want to go abroad next year though - I feel hard done by as my last holiday abroad was to Thailand!!

Littlehippo - How are you doing after your accident hun? Is your whiplash any better?

xx

My lovely van sailed through with no issues <3 So happy. Going to treat her to some vinyl flooring, a good old hand wash and a full tank of diesel lol. (my van is like my child, spoilt but loved a bit too much)

Booked a Royal Caribbean cruise after you talking it up :p

Transatlantic Miami to Southampton via Bahamas, Puerto Rico, St Maarten and the Azures in Portugal :D

Am super excited but not til next year so I have lots of time to pay for it but I wanna do it sooner rather than later so that I can try a wrangle a little sun treat this year (late deal to Tenerife springs to mind lol, cheap and cheerful) xxx

I'm very envious Hun I love RCI xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

xx

Feeling abit better thank you Hun.
I'm looking forward to seeing a June thread now and possibly some extra tips on how we can save money xxx

Well i'd be doing great if i could stop booking holidays lol :p

But doing ok, have £23 to last til next friday and all i HAVE to spend is £5 on group, if i can find a morning one that is.

I would start a new one, but i don't really know what to say on it lol x

Well i'd be doing great if i could stop booking holidays lol :p

But doing ok, have £23 to last til next friday and all i HAVE to spend is £5 on group, if i can find a morning one that is.

I would start a new one, but i don't really know what to say on it lol x

Lol holidays are worth the spend though.
You could just edit the title of the thread and change it to June if you wanted to xx

I have completely failed this may! I need to sit down and make a realistic budget. 10 works but I also need to get supplies and presents for my sons birthday in August. We spent 30 taking him to see a movie yesterday and another 30 on a BBQ for the summer and his birthday party.
I might stick with the 10 for myself and 10 for my partner and work out a budget for the kids as I can't help but buy them things all the time :rolleyes:

I've decided we won't go on holiday this year. I really want too so its killing me to not look lol
I am going to get my Two kids passports done and renew my partners. I've got money from the savings account dedicated to that (can't believe I saved enough for them!).

I've decided we won't go on holiday this year. I really want too so its killing me to not look lol
I am going to get my Two kids passports done and renew my partners. I've got money from the savings account dedicated to that (can't believe I saved enough for them!).

Oh that must be tough, I've one booked for next year but I really want to go somewhere hot this year. Trying to talk myself out of it but this weather isn't helping matters!
We've got to replace both our passports too as a certain little beagle thought they were food *sigh* ridiculous how much they cost I think.

Could you maybe go away but somewhere in this country instead so you don't need the passports?

Back