maybe of help to someone

sweet83

Had a chat with my other half the other night about my weight loss so far and we were discussing how it was really about having your head in the right place and planning ahead to make sure you have the right foods in to stay on track.

I got thinking that there are some things i have been doing whilst on slimming world that have helped me stay on track.

So these are a few of the things i do to help me stay on track.

I ALWAYS have free soup in the fridge for a snack if i get hungry between meals or as a quick lunch.

If i don't know how many syns are in it i don't eat it.

I exercise

I don't have a treat after weigh in like i used to do on WW.

I keep telling myself that i didn't put on the weight overnight so it wont come off over night.

These seem really obvious but hopefully might help someone new to the diet.

xx

Fab points - I'm also of the opinion that if I don't know the syns, I don't eat it.
I do have my WI treat but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be, although I still overindulged this week but felt awful, so won't do that again!
I also have plenty of free foods in and have been making the superfree tomato soup which was in a recent mag, it's so easy.

Great post. xx

Fab tips thanks! Im going to start making soup and freeze a batch too. Do you have a particular receipe you like?

Well done on your looses too looks like your doing fab!

I find that Slimming world is just much more flexible if you do have a wobble you put it down as a flexi day and get straight back on track the next day. With every other diet iv ever done if i had a woble it would throw me out for the whole week.

One of my tips is if iv not got time for a proper breakfast, have an alpen light bar (Healthy Extra) and a peice of fruit on the go. I scoff these down on the way to the bus stop. Im not a breakfast lover but i find it helps to keep me on track if i make sure i have it.

oh Alpen Light bars are the best!! I have them as my breakfast quite alot as i rush out the door on the nursery run. thats another great tip! My favourite are the choc fudge as they are sooo sweet!

I also have babybel light quite alot as my HEX, again on the go!

I keep my soup recipe really simple carrot, swede, onion and leek, couple of stock cubes.

Jaylou is it the tomato soup with pickled onions?

xx

I love the spicey roasted sweet potato soup - delcious.

Yeah I totally agree ... youve definately got to have your head in the game and I find I have to be ultra organised and know what i am going to eat all week ... so i plan a menu on the thursday night and do a shopping list to buy on the friday morning so i dont buy any crap when I do my asda trolley dash .... i love trying different recipes because i dont like getting bored eating the same stuff each week but we love the chicken and sweetcorn soup .... also the rice pud .. mmm i could eat a pan off it on my own!!!

Back