Step 1 Sole Source maybe this is a silly question..

legaleagle

but, I genuinely am not sure about this.
I have lost 30lbs in 11 weeks, and Im so proud of myself. I'm about 10 pounds off goal. When do i go on to the next stage, when Im at goal, or before this? I'm thinking of going step two from tomorrow, am a little worried as I think once food is there, Im going to be like a kid in a sweet shop! hope not though, cos it would be a shame. Do you still lose a lot on the steps? Do you feel hungry all the time as you could come out of ketosis easier once food is introduced? Any clues-Lily, your good at this! :eek:

LOL, I'm not good at actually getting to the stage you're at... :D ...but I know the principles. ;) First of all, well done on your 30lbs off - that's fab! :happy096:

What's your BMI? Has it hit 25.0 or less yet? If it has, you need to be on at least 810 to protect your lean muscle mass. If you want, you can stay on 810 until goal. You're unlikely to lose more than a couple of pounds a week now you're close to goal but it will come off, slowly but surely. Or you can start working up the steps - do 810 for a week or two, then 1000, then 1200, then 1500. You should continue losing on each of those steps but it may take a bit longer - think in terms of a pound a week rather than 2 pounds a week.

This is the most frustrating part but also the most rewarding cos every pound off makes a big difference to your body shape once you approach goal. :clap:

Hope to join you there soon! :D

Oh, and you're likely to stay in ketosis while on 810 but after that you won't be. Many people find it isn't as grim as they expect though cos the food on the steps is designed to be low on the glycaemic index and keep hunger at bay as far as possible.

Lily has given very good advice and I just wanted to say well done on your weight loss:happy096:

Hi I am 14lbs off goal and have been on step 2 for 3 weeks now. My losses have remained the same and good. My BMI hasn't quite reached 25 yet... Nearly there I'm in the 26's but I felt my body was telling me it was ready to move up a step. I was starting to feel hungrier and the little meal in 810 has satisfied that hunger. I still feel as if I'm in ketosis as well. I will probably stay on step 2 until goal unless I start to feel hungrier again. For me I feel my body tells me the right time to move onto the next step. Don't be worried about losses on step 2 there just as good as SS :)

Lynne - 23 weeks, 81.5lbs down 14lbs to go... :)

Thanks for this lily and all! Very helpful! I actually had weigh in today, and so another 4lbs off, so only 6 to go to goal! My bmi is 26 at the moment, so near!
It's my wedding anniversary and birthday tomorrow so will Deffo have a day off, but the test of the week will do 810. Have decided that it's time now, I'm dreaming of eating normally and my body is permanently freezing, time to move up.

Back