McCain Home Chips (Straight Cut)

Chipmunk89

but you can call me Toni!
I was just wondering if anyone could give me the Syn value for these? I've searched but can't find one for this exact type of McCain chip - and any that look like they might be right are from 2011 or previous so want to check it's up to date.

These McCain Home Chips are the ones I'm looking for. I do make my own SW chips wherever possible but sometimes it's nice to have a couple of these.

Also, If you could tell me whether there's much difference between those and the 5% Fat Straight Cut ones I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

ProductExtra EasyOriginalGreen
McCain, Home Chips, Straight Cut & Chunky, frozen, 100g raw

Thats what I found on SW website, I was curious too. I like SW chips but I wanted some in the freezer for days where I have no tatos left... or I'm just being lazy or need a naughty treat ;)

Thanks ladies. I do love my SW chips but sometimes I like to have half rice/half chips with curry or chilli or something and SW chips just don't cut it!

Hi. I bought these today as a quick freezer filler, but noticed there were other McCain chips, with skins, that were 3% fat- I wonder if they would be much different syn wise? Didn't take any nutritional details I'm afraid :/

Hi. I bought these today as a quick freezer filler, but noticed there were other McCain chips, with skins, that were 3% fat- I wonder if they would be much different syn wise? Didn't take any nutritional details I'm afraid :/

I believe they're the rustic ones. It says on this thread that they're 1 Syn per 100g but that was 2011 so could have changed slightly by now :)

I had the rustic chips last night with gammon, egg and the usual half plate of salad lol They are really yummy, I only got 7 for 100g and allowed 1.5 syns so if you wanted you could have 200g, but actually depending on what else your having you might not need more. Even better is they are on offer in the co-op for £1 a bag :)

Back