Poppet's Next Attempt!

Hello hello!
Well done on the weight that's fab :) uni sounds like it's going well too!
The batch cooking sounds great, I just can't do it as I never fancy what I have made hahaha!
Hope you're feeling a bit more normal soon, if that's the right word :)

Ruth
X
Hello Ruth!
Thank you :) things are going relatively well at the moment! I just need to keep the momentum going..
I know what you mean! Usually I'm grateful for leftovers as it means I don't have to think about lunch but I'm struggling a bit with it.
The good thing about the batch cooking is that it's frozen, so I dont have to have it by a certain day! I am blessed with a big freezer though.
I am looking forward to normal too! I'd say it's the right word lol. I think the sickness is starting to ease a tiny bit which is good!
Hope you're doing well, and taking it easy busy lady x

You go on holiday on my hand in date.... that doesn't fill me with confidence! I am hoping to start doing my interviews in the next week or so. Seriously annoyed that the mayors office have cancelled my interview. I've emailed them back, so hoping that I can convince them to go ahead with it!
Ooh T_T we will be on countdown together for entirely different reasons!!
Once you've done your interviews you will feel a bit weight lifting- it's fab to tick it off.
Good luck with the mayors office- did they give a good reason for cancelling?!

Morning! I'm feeling half human today so I have lots planned!
The sun is shining so I'm going to spend an hour or so in the garden this morning and get a bit of fresh air, clean some of the animals out and might tackle the greenhouse/dumping ground!
Then I will break for lunch (have leftover bolognese but it's not appealing to me, so who knows).
I think the rain will start after dinner here so I'll get settled on the laptop and do some writing. I know what I need to add in but I'm not sure how to do it yet to make it coherent and properly integrated rather than just added in, so wish me luck!
Have a fab day everyone :)

Lovely to hear you sounding so positive and feeling better, Poppet. Once I got over the 2 hour delay of the fire alarm at the flat going off constantly, followed by random and inexplicable traffic at 11, I finally got into uni and seem to be working really well today. I've got rid of a lot of my red notes from my lit review (my own) and will be sending lit review, methodology, context chapter and bits of my introduction to my tutor before I leave for the stables at 6.

They've cancelled because Bristol has decided to pull the bid for European Capital of Culture. It's annoying, because whilst I said it would be useful to discuss the bid (considering I'm writing about culture and all that!), it wasn't the main point of the interview. I'm hoping they've misunderstood and will reconsider.

Feeling a good deal better thank you T_T! Food is slowly but surely getting better too, though I've been avoiding the scales. Apparently I will be looking at gaining a lb a week pretty much from now so I think it will be disheartening. I'm just trying to stay as healthy as I can :)
Had a nice couple of days and got a fair bit done, I'm struggling a little with Uni work but if I can push through and get stuff written I'm sure the feedback will help.
It sounds like you're doing brilliantly! Got loads written up and hopefully you will get some nice positive feedback from your drafts!
Hope you got them to reconsider? That's really annoying for them to cancel!

Ah you did well not to! I imagine you're right about it being dealt with by PA's etc. That's really frustrating :-( fingers crossed they get back to you and it's good news.
I'm going wedding dress shopping with my cousin this afternoon which will be nice! I think I'm going to have a steady morning, little reading, late breakfast and a bath before I go. Then we're heading out for lunch afterwards- not sure where but hopefully there will be something tasty and healthy on the menu!
Working tomorrow & out for lunch on Sunday so lots on.
Have a good weekend! X

It seems to be doing the trick! The sickness feels like it's slowly but surely disappearing- last time I thought that I jinxed myself and it came back horribly but I've been reasonable for a couple of days now.
I'm officially 12 weeks today so I think moving into second either now or in 2 weeks?! I've read conflicting things!
I've got my scan a week tomorrow which I'm excited about. It will be good to see what exactly is going on in there! Hopefully everything will be ok :)
So much to do today! I've had banana porridge to set me up, done a load of washing and some housework and now got loads to write up as I need to send my drafts to supervisors (but they're nowhere near ready). So a laptop day for me!
Hope everyone had a good weekend x

Thank you Lisa! I think your non-sickness waves are working- I had a rough day yesterday which caught me out a bit as I've generally been feeling better, but today was ok.
Quite nervous about the scan and kind of wishing I'd had an early, though I know even with those you're not out of the woods (not that you ever really are) but it's pointless now with it being so close.
I had a steak for my tea which I really enjoyed surprisingly- I've not looked forward to it but OH was really wanting one!
Been to Lidl today to stock up on some fruit and veg, and thinking about checking my weight one day soon just to see how I'm doing. I can feel my tummy getting a bit thicker and hardening so I'm fairly sure I'll be into the 11s now but going to start some gentle exercise next week- just a bit of swimming to hopefully help my sore back- which will make me feel better!
Uni work is a bit disastrous at the moment but I'm close to breaking the 40k word barrier which feels good!

Glad to hear you are feeling better and starting to enjoy food again! Wait until the craving kick in then you wong want to stop eating haha!

You'll get free swimming soon once you get your maternity exemption card so that'll help.
Also look into pregnancy pilates, as that really helps with a sore back. And a bump support for when you get bigger!

Thank you for the amazing top tip with the free swimming ! I had no idea- I've just googled it for my area and I get 10 free sessions, I've already got my maternity exemption card (already been to the dentist too haha). I'm holding off doing anything pregnancy related til after my scan but hopefully it will go OK & I will start a weekly swim.
I will definitely look into the pilates and I'm off to google bump supports now...

Gosh I haven't been back here for a while!
Good news with the scan, all was well and we saw little baby wriggling around :) all seems more real now! That and I seem to have thickened out a lot over the last week, I have had to get some new clothes as mine are feeling uncomfortable.
I haven't been following much of a plan but now my sickness is getting much more manageable I hope to get back on board (ish) soon.
I think I will weigh in tomorrow and see how I'm getting on.
Hope everyone is well! X

Thank you! It was really cool, OH was fascinated.
My scales battery was dead this morning so I couldn't weigh in but never mind.
Due date is estimated at 19th September for now! I hope little one stays put as I'm a bridesmaid on the 8th :eek:
I'm working tonight over tea time but hoping to get some healthy tea.. in the meantime I have so much writing to do I'd better get on with it. Pressure is on!

Well writing didn't go very well yesterday so I'm changing tactics and going to read & make notes today. Hopefully that will help things!
At work the kids made veggie chilli and baked potatoes with fresh salsa which was delish and really hit the spot!
I weighed this morning and pleased to see I'm at 10st13 (didn't think I'd be writing that sentence!) so gain is slow despite my poor diet.
OH bought me a croissant for breakfast so not the best start to the day but totally divine. Lunch will be some fruit salad and yoghurt etc, I'll probably graze while I read. Then tea we are having BBQ ribs, if I remember to put them in the oven on time :rolleyes:..

Hello! I haven't been on for so long!!
I'm on the countdown to my hols on Friday, it will be nice to take a bit of time out and relax for a few days.
Hoping to get back into the swing of Slimming World to prevent a huge gain with the baby. With my PhD ramping up too I feel like I'm relying a lot on the freezer and ready meals (not like me but yikes they are convenient!!).
We also found out we're expecting a little girl, super exciting!
I'm half way through pregnancy now and got such a lot on- I really need to submit my thesis before she makes an appearance. Pressure is on but I feel like I can do it.
The temptation to get the house in order is proving difficult to resist, but I think I've got a decent balance at the mo.
Really hope everyone is doing OK- Mins feels very quiet at the mo (or maybe I'm just not following enough threads?!) but I know everyone has busy lives :) X

Back