Poppet's Next Attempt!

Funny you say that T_T, I was thinking the same re time off. Though I don't feel like I've been 'on' properly that long, I have been SW minded for a good few years now and I don't think I've ever been truly off, in the sense that I try to incorporate fruit and veg every day and generally limit my bread/cereal.
I think I'll just keep trying where I can but not sweat the small stuff. Ultimately, my clothes fit and my BMI is healthy- any losses after this are a bonus, and right now I just have bigger fish to fry.
Today has gone reasonably well on the writing front at least- once I've finished the chapter draft I should have a full thesis draft!

oh yay! That's exciting. I am struggling massively today. It's stupidly hot in this room, but uni's busy and I don't want to risk losing out on actually having a computer, just to try and find somewhere a bit cooler! I've drafted my interview schedules today. I just need to put a few more bits into my literature review and that's finished. Research methods and Bristol context chapter are done.. I know it's getting there, just doesn't feel like it today.

Odd that it's so warm?! Central heating on full whack?
Sounds like massive progress to me! I know it doesn't always feel like it even when on paper you've ticked a lot of boxes though. It's tricky to measure progress properly on such a big project isn't it.
Yesterday went quite well- I think I'm underestimating how long it will take to write up this chapter, but I did a bit more yesterday taking me to the half way mark.
Food not too bad, had some fruit at least but I'm hitting the carbs and convenience, which I know will be my undoing.
Might pop in to town later and pick a few bits up, be nice to get a little fresh air if nothing else tbh. It's chilly here and wet which is putting me off, but I think it'll make me feel better. I barely went outside yesterday!

Sorry I've been AWOL! I decided to get my head down and get the chapter written. I've done it now and am having a day off today :)
Batch cooking is a good idea Lisa- I also used my slow cooker yesterday which was a god send and stopped me shoving crap in the oven.
I've been reading about 'dump bags' which are basically freezer bags which you fill with all the ingredients to make a meal in the slow cooker and pop in the freezer. Take out the night before to defrost then straight in. A bit of a hybrid of slow cooking and batch cooking! If I ever get organised I'll give it a go ;-)
I know what you mean re the discipline T_T- some days I'm terrible and too easily distracted but on the whole I work better at home. Going in to uni sometimes is too much effort, I have to pay for parking or rely on lifts, take a packed lunch, organise tea etc. and I have to get properly dressed instead of loungewear :D
My exciting day off today will include cleaning the house (neglected, it's a tip) and doing the shopping. Joy! X

Hello! I still seem to be AWOL- I'm rubbish lately. But with reason (I think) as I'm pregnant! Top secret but I can trust you guys ;)
Trying to juggle all the usual stuff along with being so tired and feeling quite sick most days is proving difficult, and unfortunately SW has taken a back seat.
Hopefully I'll start feeling better soon & be able to get back on plan properly. I'd rather not gain lots of weight but at the moment just eating what I can face!
I've been OK with fruit and veg but have lived off cereal for a little while too which isn't ideal..
I'm aiming to maintain/limit the gains at the moment, the last time I weighed I was just under 11st but it was middle of the day & fully clothed so makes it harder to judge.
Hope everyone is having a good week :)

Thanks T_T :) I'm having good days and bad! Yesterday was bad but today I feel a bit more human and have managed some Uni work and some actual food!
I have leftover chicken that I need to make something with (maybe curry) but I'll see how I go this afternoon.
Once my energy picks back up it will be nice to get out for some walks and fresh air, it's been nice here today. I had a potter in the garden while the sun was out which was a nice break from redrafting! Pressure is on to get finished now haha. Hope you're ok! X

Sometimes just getting out of the house is productive! Hope you're feeling better very soon, keep the cold wind out of your sore ears!
Thanks Lisa :) very exciting times, will be glad when the sickness fades (hopefully it will!). I seem to have a good day then a bad day with it. Yesterday was good, so I guess that's why I feel rubbish today :rolleyes:
Food hasn't been very SW friendly but it hasn't been all bad- fatty food and chocolatey things make the sickness worse so it's easy to avoid them! But carbs are the only thing that seems to help, so I've been snacking on ryvita/crackers/slice of toast- not ideal.
Hoping to chip away at some wok today and maybe get out for a walk- it's beautiful here! X

Congratulations my dear! What wonderful news!
Hope you start to feel better soon :)

Ruth
X

Cheers guys, feeling OK so far today! It seems to be tea time when the sickness kicks in which is annoying!
Ginger biscuits are alright but snack a jacks are unfortunately a no-no, I had one yesterday and it just wasn't right.
I find that certain foods are repeating on me terribly (sorry for TMI!) and it adds to the sick feeling. Ice lollies and grapes are just the best ever right now.
I'm trying to stay vaguely on plan, today I've had a muller light and some banana porridge which went down well.
Evening meals are a struggle though! I'm going to go and trawl the recipe board..

Thanks very much :) Sorry I've been so quiet!
I don't really have much to report as feeling pretty lousy. I'm trying to keep up with fruit and veg but it is a struggle sometimes.
I had a good day on Mon and managed to go food shopping & batch cooked some bolognese, chilli and shepherds pies, which are now in the freezer for when I'm stuck or not hungry so OH has something healthy and hearty to eat.
I weighed myself yesterday (though it was midday) and am 10st13 which isn't too bad, hopefully I can maintain at this til the bump starts filling out!

Hi everyone :)
Hope all is well! I'm doing my best and it seems to be ok- I finally got chance to WI properly ie. first thing and my actual weight is 10st11, so I'm quite pleased that I haven't ballooned after some of the rubbish I've been eating.
Why is it that the only food I can face is bad?!
My portions have got smaller which must be helping, as I'm eating quite frequently. Uni work is going fairly well, I've got two chapters that need a fair bit of attention but after that it should be 'tweaks' that don't take too long.
I go on holiday on 28th April and would love to have a decent thesis draft by then (instead of the bare bones I have now!).
Anyway enough of my rambling, just thought I'd check in!

Hello hello!
Well done on the weight that's fab :) uni sounds like it's going well too!
The batch cooking sounds great, I just can't do it as I never fancy what I have made hahaha!
Hope you're feeling a bit more normal soon, if that's the right word :)

Ruth
X

Back