• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

McCain's Rustic Oven Chips

Are they really only 1 syn per 100g?

They're even thicker than me!

I had to try these but it says 120 cals per 100g (approx) isn't that 5 syns? as I thought 1syn was approx 20cals?

Anyone advise as I was going to try them after the glowing reports earlier. I'm on a red day and my chicken is cooking now so was going to syn these.

Steve

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
They are indeed 1 syn per 100g on Green and EE. Potato is a free food on green and EE so as there isn't much oil used in the Rustic chips, they are low syn. I like these.

I just checked and they are 5 syns for 100g frozen on red.

Last edited:
Oh great !!! I will definitely get some from Iceland tomorrow after work.

I love all things home made and especially the SW chips but after a very long day at work and especially longer now with the old lady to care for, I am constantly on the look out for things to make life easier.

Well, I tried them - they are much thicker than me lol. Too thick for my liking/taste.

Will stick to the Actifry in future - I prefer the taste - even if I have to use extra virgin olive oil as a hexb (or syn) - If you like thick steak-style chips then you'll probably love them though, and to be fair they are very lowly synned.

I know a lot of people on here love them, and like Fillymum said I just fancied something to throw in the oven after a long week at work.

Oh, and they are very filling too!

suplizi

I see the light!
I knowww, I couldn't quite beleive it either when I read they were so low in syns, I have got them tommorow with sausage egg and beans - saturday fakeaway night sorted!

Hopefully will like them as like you said its sometimes easier to get something to shove in the oven quick.

Helen xxx

They are 100g frozen weight = 1syn.

10 syns for the 1kg packet.

Just too thick/fat for me - nothing against oven chips, but even when I used to eat deep fried chips, I hated them when they were so thickly cut.

The SW chips and Tefal Actifry chips cut how you like are still free though remember:)