Me time

Maddysmum

Gold Member
As we all have really busy lifes, i wondered when / what everyone does to get some me time (or is that wishfull thinking)

I personally get mine on a monday (my day at home)
Monday morning (oh at work, dd at school)- i don't move off the sofa - watching my tv programmes in peace (eastenders, gossip girl) while eating a huge sw fry up.
Then from 12pm is back to normal - clean, washing, ironing etc

Then at 6.30 i go to Zumba which i love and again feels like me time.

Rest of week is crazy busy, esp wkends so come mon morning i desp NEED my me time

Mine is weekdays between 6 and 7 pm. For that hour I religiously watch The Simpsons and then Hollyoaks - usually with a cuppa or a nice hot chocolate. Thats my 'me' time, and I love it :)

My only "me" time is on a Tuesday when I go to my SW group. An hour and a half when I don't have to think about anything else.

Other than that I don't get any time devoted to just me, but I don't mind, I chose to have a husband and child so I share my time with them :)

When the boys are in bed and I can have a soak in the tub. Or on a Thursday when hubby and eldest go football training and then I get my two youngest to bed and then I have about two hours to watch America's next top model or any other girly programme that I tape.

monday mornings i do zumba for an hour, thursday mornings i go to sw class and wednesday evening i go to a zumba class too. i have 2 girls in school and my little boy who is in nursery every morning, he has social and communication difficulties so life is a bit of a challenge, me time is a must and i always make sure i have an hour to myself at least a few times a week if hubby is around. :)

I never have me time, but so needed it today, so have spent the last 2 hrs making Xmas cards.

My 'me' time is when I go to the pub with friends on a Tuesday evening. Rest of the time I am either working, cleaning, running errands, doing animal related tasks, or spending quality time with him indoors. Although that has started to dwindle since the birds AND hamsters have bred, and with the pre Christmas rushing round :(

Mine is dwindling! It used to be Tuesday evenings watching Holby. Now I work every other Tuesday evening and trying to watch TV with a 55year old man standing in front of you isn't relaxing!
I spend time with my friend once a month.
But usually I try to catch up on sleep!

My 'me time' tends to be when I'm running, even on the treadmill-as I have my headphones in and can listen to what ever music I like-also I suppose the long drives between calls when I'm on my own are cool x

My "me" time is def in the gym, it's where I'm at my most relaxed state and I really enjoy my workouts with the script on in my headphones and not thinking about anything. :)

chiefbridesmaid said:
My "me" time is def in the gym, it's where I'm at my most relaxed state and I really enjoy my workouts with the script on in my headphones and not thinking about anything. :)

I had to take The Script off of my workout playlist! I like my playlist shuffled and I kept getting 'walk away' when I should have been running, and 'am I better off dead' just when I hit the wall!!! Lol

My me time is when I am staying with work. I often take my nail varnish, body scrub and fluffy pj's and socks! I'll get myself an options hot choc and some raspberries or strawberries and I'll have a long hot soak in the path and enjoy the peace and quite and my own company

BeckyT said:
My me time is when I am staying with work. I often take my nail varnish, body scrub and fluffy pj's and socks! I'll get myself an options hot choc and some raspberries or strawberries and I'll have a long hot soak in the path and enjoy the peace and quite and my own company

What do you do?

Im an operations manager for Telefonica and im subcontracted to work for Tesco mobile. I have two head offices which are both down south and I mange some of there suppliers which are predominantly southern based too.

Shirleen said:
I had to take The Script off of my workout playlist! I like my playlist shuffled and I kept getting 'walk away' when I should have been running, and 'am I better off dead' just when I hit the wall!!! Lol

Haha brilliant this made me chuckle, def not the words you want to hear when you want to throw yourself off the treadmill anyway :)

On a Tuesday immediately after SW, I go across town to rehearse with the Ladies Barbershop Chorus I joined earlier in the year. For 3 hours I don't think about any of the stresses of the world, just sing

Im an operations manager for Telefonica and im subcontracted to work for Tesco mobile. I have two head offices which are both down south and I mange some of there suppliers which are predominantly southern based too.

Oh, so when you say you do a stayover; is it a hotel stop? I was trying to imagine where the fluffy jammies would come in lol!

Shirleen said:
Oh, so when you say you do a stayover; is it a hotel stop? I was trying to imagine where the fluffy jammies would come in lol!

Ha ha, yeah it's a hotel stop and I take my fluffy pj's and socks with me!

I'm away for two nights next week... Gets me down sometimes however I try to enjoy the me time!!

Back