meal before weigh in

4lbs different? Wow! I just know that if I don't see a loss my head will tell me to give up on the whole thing!! I'll have to think positive and stop being in such a rush to lose weight :)

I'm going to find that so annoying when I have to switch from a Friday morning weigh in to a Thursday evening one in a couple of weeks (I work shifts) I like the routine I have now of a morning weigh in and then having a coffee and hi-fi bar for my breakfast in class :)

If you do shifts and regularly change from morning to evening, just make a not of which are evening weights and which one morning weights. Everyone is different there have times i have weighed the same in the evening as in the morning, times i have been 4 pounds more but over the long haul the weight trend is down if you follow the plan.

teresa

Yeah I LOVE my morning class, gets me totally focused for the rest of the day! I can see myself eating very light on my weigh day next week!

The idea is to see a general trend downwards, so try not to get too worried about each individual weigh in. Weight can fluctuate for many reasons - what you've eaten, when you've eaten it, whether you've been to the loo recently, what day of your cycle you're on (probably one for the ladies only), whether you have exercised recently etc etc...

When you take all that into account, half a pound here or there isn't too much to worry about, up or down. Just look for a trend over time.

If you get worried about not eating and drinking before weigh in it can get a bit obsessional. As long as you do something similar each week it doesn't matter because you are comparing like with like. Otherwise you'll end up not eating all day and wearing a bikini!

mines at 9.30 in the morning and everyone seems to take breakfast with them lol :)

Its true what Sparky says a monthly trend is a more accurate reflection of loss - that's why I like the prediction function on the SW progress chart - nice to see a week specified when it thinks you should be at target :)

definitely gonna focus on the week after! a big loss would boost my confidence more than lots of little losses!!

well you know that next week if you have a big bowl as you did this week then that will be your true weight - IF you have a lighter meal day then that may be a bigger weight loss but not your real weight - IYKWIM.

:rolleyes: am I talking nonsense again?

well you know that next week if you have a big bowl as you did this week then that will be your true weight - IF you have a lighter meal day then that may be a bigger weight loss but not your real weight - IYKWIM.

:rolleyes: am I talking nonsense again?

right, someone has to explain this to me! iv seen it a few times and i havnt a clue what it stands for?!

this is why im looking forward to the next few weeks. Atm, 3lbs could just be a days fluctuation! Hoping its genuinelly come off my hips though!

Back