Total Solution Meal booked but can't eat

glassyjess

Oh no, just discussing my diet with hubby & he's reminded me that we have booked and paid for a curry (with elvis impersonator) night out. How can I plan for this? My fave is tandoori king prawn, which with salad is not too bad but this is a set menu & I might not get that choice. Also will only have been on diet for 6 days & don't want to fail or muck it up already. I am tempted to stay at home but feel bad on Hubby. What to do?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can he bring his buddy or a family member? So not fair or else go and keep as low carb as u can Ask 4 d carbs on d side Then straight back on TS day and I bet Ul still get a nice surprise scales wise Sure Ul b more determined to do a full second wk of TS and d scales will show an even bigger loss!!! Night out sounds deadly!!! Let us know what u end out doin!

Thanks shoebedoo x

I did suggest someone to take my place but most of our friends are already going. I might try & go along but feign stomach upset so can avoid eating. But is really hard & I have no self control (esp as I love curry) that is how I got in this mess! Got a few days to think it through & get some strength from somewhere

Hiya jess, somethings are unavoidable and diets like exante are pretty antisocial! What I would do is stick to plan until the day of the do. I'd have my three exante meals as usual, but I'd have my 3rd pack just before I went out, so I'd have a full belly. That way I'd not be as hungry for the meal. I'd have meat or fish/ prawn curry, leave the rice/ popadoms/ naan bread and try to have one of the drier curries, rather than something carb packed and covered in sauce like a sweet korma. I'd drink carb free too- tell friends I'm 'driver' and stick to diet coke or an alternative. I know it has citric acid in but few bars have coke zero and it's probably the best alternative unless you're happy staying on water. This way you can stick to plan as much as possible. If you pick wisely and don't eat much because you're already full up, you could get away with a meal with very few carbs in it. Damage limitation!

Thanks sb, feeling much more positive after your post, all sounds like a good achievable plan! I'll do all you suggest to stick to it. I don't work Fridays so will try & plan something healthy to get back on track afterwards like a swim & for damage limitation! Plus I'd begrudge spending money on something healthy to wind up undoing it by pigging out!

Totally agree with Saddlebags. You a very brave going out so soon after starting Exante. I was a total recluse for the first eight weeks as I knew I would struggle with temptation.

I also wondered if you had eaten at this place before. Could you contact them before and check what set menu is. If there is nothing suitable perhaps they would do something for you. I meet with the girls regularly at a local Italian. Have been avoiding it since January but tackled it head on yesterday. Probably easier because they know me, but when I phoned to book I asked if they would do me a prawn salad ( menu is all pasta or pizza). They couldn't have been nicer. the girls ordered bruschetta to share. When this arrived we all got given side plate. However when mine was placed in from of me it had a tiny amount of salad on it. Then I got THE best king prawn salad ever. I stuck to soda water, so came home after a really lovely night, lovely food, lovely company and I had not fallen off the wagon.

Good luck xx

Most of all enjoy yourself! Meal is booked and paid for, you might as well :D

Good idea Annie, I don't know them that we'll but could easily call ahead! I'll also text the organiser now to get a better idea of the plan! Should still be fun with an Indian Elvis impersonator, I think I've seem the same guy before & very funny, although the alcohol may have helped.

I am not a fan of coke but can usually get slimline tonic at the Indian restaurants, i'll look that up for citric acid.

Sounds really nice of the Italian restaurant, is a tough place to go & avoid carbs!

If we plan hopefully the willpower will follow!

Back