Meal Ideas for a working mummy please?

Lucylu79

Gold Member
Hello! I hope its ok to post here, i'm currently on Maternity Leave as I had my beautiful little boy back in Oct. It's time to go back in May and i'm lucky to be able to reduce my days to Mon-Thurs which means with the bank holiday my first week back will only be 3 days!

I've done SW before but the office rules have changed a bit. As it's now open plan and therefor open to clients (I work at an Accountants) the Partners no longer want either hot food or smelly food to be eating at our desks. We have a small canteen with a microwave but to be honest i'd only use it if I did have hot food and then you have to queue for the microwave and with only half an hour to spare it gets a little tight.

I used to sit at my desk and eat salads or a sandwich and I eat most things really! 90% of the time i'm on EE, other than that I do EE SP.

Just wondering if any of you would care to share any tips to stay on plan, especially for breakfast too. I mean If i'm not organised and eat my HEB its gone then for the day and I need a meal idea other than a sandwich.

Any tips greatly received!!! I did hear about a SW friendly scotch egg the other day, that sounded nice and a pick-up breakfast if anyone had a recipe?

xx

I usually make a rice salad or quinoa salad for lunch which doesn't need heating and can be made with free ingredients (tuna, corn, tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber, baby spinach).. As for breakfast I usually have chopped strawberries and blueberries with free yoghurt.. Also completely free.. Hope this helps

I sometimes take leftovers from night before. So if I make a pasta bake I make an extra portion and take that. But I am a bit of a weirdo and quiet happily eat things like that cold. X

Back