Meal Ideas, what are you having for dinner tonight?

sarahjo88

Banned
hey there, i thought it would be a nice idea for everyone to give meal ideas. Thought it would be a start to say what we are having for dinner tonight as this would give people ideas?
I have decided to have some supernoodles (beef flavour) with carrots and cauliflower (weird combination maybe but all i could think of lol)
whats everyone else having?

Sarah xxx:D

Just thought maybe it isnt a good idea to have supernoodles they have 490 calories per 120g .
can anyone give me an idea on what to have with my carrots and cauliflower lol?

Last edited:
Good idea, meals can be a pain when your on a diet, so would be good to hear what everyone else does for dinner. I have started to look for foods which are high in protein and try to keep away from high cab foods.

My meals have been mostly smoked fish with salad which i love. This week my OH told me about Quinoa which can be used as a main componant in a meal. Quinoa has high protein, also high carbs but has alot of really good vitamins so seem to be a more healthy option to other high carb foods. I have never used it before so tonight i am making prawns with saffron and parsly to go ontop of the Quinoa that i will cook in fish stock.

Here is a link to the recipe if anyone is intrested YouTube - QuickBites: Saffron Shrimp Over Quinoa

I've had my main meal at lunch which was, asda king prawn spagetti 365 cal with ww double choc brownie dessert 163 cal both really nice. Prawn spag a bit spicey!
I've got an asda measure up shake for dinner 225cal and cost 85p I'll see how it compares to sf.
I find it easier to have a ready meal as I'm not a confident cook and to much hassle working out the cal.
Be interesting to see what people have, good thread. :O)

well

well i finally decided to have tesco light choices cottage pie with extra cauliflower and carrots. i cant go and fetch it till partner home though so will be quite a late meal :(

i am off to make myself a cup a soup for my snack though, according to a calorie counter only 99 cals in them.

hi, what a great idea to share meal ideas! i chose slimfast cos basically i don't want to have to think about what to eat and can't be bothered to plan everyday which i know is really lazy but it just has to be as simple as possible.

last nite i had chilli and rice but by the time i worked out how many calories in the rice it wasn't worth it! in future i'll have the chilli with salad and pile it on.

I have the full 600 cal meal with a blue ribband as my pudding (the 3rd snack).

Tonite i've got tesco lighter choice creamy mushroom pasta (its gorgeous!) with a wad of salad.

I'll think about tomorrows meal from now until then!!! :D

I love the Co-Op healthy eating curry sauce jars. 110 cals for half jar of Rogan Josh. I add Iceland ready cooked chicken (100 cals per 100g) a tin of tomatoes and whatever veg else i've got lying around. Absolutely delicious and always enough to freeze for work lunches too.
I am a real sod for carbs tho i love pasta, rice and spuds so i find that it's easier for me to portion them out before i cook them. I weigh out 50/70g portions of rice and pasta and stick 'em in little food bags ready for me to use whenever i need to. It helps with calorie counting as they usually have cals per portion on pack.

Sharon xoxo

I'm the same, chose slim fast because it's easy, i'm terrible with portion control,part of my problem! lol ...anyway, I'm sticking to ready meals until I get the hang of how much I should be eating!
Tonight i've had Tesco light choices sausage mash and onion gravy, with extra veg and a muller light yog, got enough calories left to have a highlights hot chocolate on a minute :D

100g pasta, tablespoon mayo, tin of tuna...
quorn dippers or "chicken" pieces etc and weight watchers chips (100g) and beans

Im on meal replacement (asda measure up) so I had boiled potatoes, chicken breast and peas and carrots! YuMmY!
Dont be afraid to have ur full 600cals for tea (if on meal replacement) they are designed to be in the diet and if u skimp its a long time till breakfast shake and might find urself midnight scoffing or not being able to sleep

I'm doing slim fast because my whole life was consumed by ww and it was doing my head in. It took me ages to find the nuturional value of raw potatoes the other day, the books/packages/ websites all had cooked. Do you think i could do a roast dinner for 600 cal?

Thats what mine was tonight, I did my family Chicken, roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, stuffing, peas and carrots and gravy.............for me I had the peas and carrots boiled my potatoes instead of roasted them and some chicken (I did have a dribble of gravy on the chicken as well) but thats my version of a "healthier roast" and I was within my 600cal. Filled me up lovely too so Im not worried about craving food 2nite lol :)

Im a every food addict lol the only food I dnt like is salad (typical!) which may explain my current situation! ;p thats why living on bird seed doesn't work for me losing weight, doing meal replacements ur actually having intake of some kind every few hours throughout the day, until dinner when u have a meal filling enuf to fill u up properly
Works for me! :)

Im a every food addict lol the only food I dnt like is salad (typical!) which may explain my current situation! ;p thats why living on bird seed doesn't work for me losing weight, doing meal replacements ur actually having intake of some kind every few hours throughout the day, until dinner when u have a meal filling enuf to fill u up properly
Works for me! :)

You and me both, i hate veggies and salad (unless the salad is in between a couple of beef burger :D) If i do a 'normal' diet, i end up either thinking about food all the time or i just forget that i'm on a diet, find myself staring into an empty bag of sweets thinking opps!
Whats everyone got tonight? I've got a chicken and ham pasta bake from asda but i'm adding a little more pasta to up the cals and bulk it out.

I have some chicken leftover from yesterday so Im prob gonna have that with some pasta wanna make sure I hit my 600cals or I'll be eating my pillow at midnight! lol

I'm having grilled sausage grilled bacon beans and two slices of toast yummy can't wait

I had some minted lamb hotpot soup with bread yummy yummy ;)

Back