Meal ideas?

elliebird

Hey
I was wondering what you peeps eat for meals as I need some inspiration on low fat yummy dinners that I won't get bored of:D

Hiya hun!

There are loads of low fat recipes in the slimming world section! They dont have the fat co ntent on them but all the meat is extra lean (less than 5% fat) and are cooked with out oil! I have copied and pasted a few! hope it helps!

xxxxxxxxxx

I came home with nothing prepared tonight and set about making my own little version of a lamb tikka massalla.
I used:

Lean cubed lamb
2 red onions
Tinned potatoes
Chopped tinned tomatoes
Tikka powder
A little chicken stock
Spinach
1 Tbsp low fat fromage frais and fresh coriander stirred through at the end

Smash Pizza
Lean ham
Sliced onion
REDUCED FAAT cheese
Pack of original smash
Mushrooms
Splash of passata
Fresh pineapple

Base - make up the smash with as little boiling water as possible, needs to be dry so it goes crunchy. Spray a tray with frylight and pat out the smash into pizza shape (as this as you can - without it falling apart), bake in oven for 20 mins until brown. Turn over and add topping, place back in the oven for about 10 mins and then eat.

Topping - I basically cooked some onions, added mushrooms and then a bit of passata to sog it down and reduced down so it wasn't too soggy. Add it to top of base and then wack cheese and ham on and put back in oven for 10 (as above).

You can use whatever you like for a topping e.g. sweetcorn, peppers, chicken, bacon etc.

I have a lot of WW/Supermarket own brand low-fat ready meals, but I always bulk them out with extra vegetables (or salad in summer) as they don't fill me up.
For example, the other night, I had Tesco light choices beef in black bean sauce with egg rice (the WW one is nicer) but I bought a bag of stir fry veg and had some of that to go with it. It was more than enough for me, and I can eat for England.
Other than that, I sometimes do stir-frys using Blue Dragon sauces which come in sachets, and straight-to-wok noodles. You can add whatever meat/veg you like to those.
Sometimes I make myself a 'roast' dinner, although more often than not, I'll subsitute the roast for a chop, or a turkey burger or something, but I always have boiled new potatoes, loads of veg, a yorkshire pudding and gravy (made with granules).

It's hard to know what recipe ideas to give because it depends what you like eating really, and whether you're much of a cook, but most things you eat already can be adapted to a low-fat plan, like spaghetti bolognese, chilli, curry - it's just about choosing the leanest cut of meat, not using oil to cook with, and using very low fat sauces (or make your own sauce from scatch).
I make chilli relatively often, and I've also got a mushroom risotto recipe which is lovely - and just stodgy enough to feel indulgent!

Hi elliebird,

I eat a lot of things like...

Vegetable/mixed bean chilli and rice
Quorn meatballs in homemade tomato sauce with pasta
Jacket potatoes with low fat filling and salad
Chicken and vegetable skewers with a schwart seasoning on and savoury rice
cod (no batter), slimming world chips and mushy peas (yummy)
Roast chicken breast, frylight roast potatoes and veg
Pasta bake with salad
Quorn burgers with homemade potato wedges
Chicken curry and rice
Uncle bens (jar) sweet and sour chicken with boiled rice

To name but a few but am always on the look out for more ideas :D
I haven't braved anything like eggs or other types of meat except chicken yet lol!

As requested: Wild Mushroom Risotto

The only thing I do differently is that I don't use the white wine. I don't drink it often enough to make it worth opening a whole bottle! (I'd only feel forced to drink the rest of it!!)

The blog I stole it from is worth a read if you've never seen it before. It's written by an Australian woman who lives in Scotland and lost half her body weight a while back! She's maintaining now, but the archives and her book are inspirational :)

As requested: Wild Mushroom Risotto

The only thing I do differently is that I don't use the white wine. I don't drink it often enough to make it worth opening a whole bottle! (I'd only feel forced to drink the rest of it!!)

The blog I stole it from is worth a read if you've never seen it before. It's written by an Australian woman who lives in Scotland and lost half her body weight a while back! She's maintaining now, but the archives and her book are inspirational :)

Thanks hun! Im sure city red girl has shown me this ladiies blog there is something on facebook about her too! (thats if its the right girl but her blog looks the same!)

xxxxxxx

Thanks for all the meal ideas I have added some new items to my Tesco delivery now :)

Back