Meal planning.....

ruby39

I've been back on SW for the past few weeks, but finding it really hard to stay focused on sticking to plan. So I'm thinking that maybe writing a meal plan for the week would keep me on track. Does anyone else do this, and do you include HEX's and syns ?

thanks.
ruby

I swear by a meal plan! Every Saturday morning I sit down with my cookbooks and make a plan for what I'll be eating every night, as well as lunches for the weekend, and a shopping list to go with it. (I'm a creature of habit, so I don't really need to plan my breakfast or workday lunches - they're variations on the same thing). It really helps me keep on track, and I find I waste a lot less food than I used to as well.

I dont plan my meals every week but I do much better when i do. I dont "plan" my healthy extras but sometimes they are included in the meal. Give it a try and see what happens

I definately plan my weekly meals and it stops impulsive buying. I really notice the difference when I have a shopping list

Thanks so much for replies. I think I'll plan for a week and see how I get on.
I may even post my weekly plan so you guys can give it the once over:)

ruby

I also plan my meals, I tend to do it the day before so I can get meats out the freezer and its helping me not pick up the rubbish quick cook food in the freezer! I'd throw it out but I hate the thought of throwing out food even if it is chicken nuggets and a few ready meals that I should not be eating now.

Having read through your posts I think im going to sit down this friday and write my food plan for the following week - esp if it helps keep the food bills down!!

Thank you :)

I've made up some spreadsheets in OpenOffice as I work shifts on a two week rolling rota so I can fit in family meals/meals I cook at work etc. I have syns calculators too, when I've had a minimal loss I tend to plan everything...even treats lol!

Yeah I try and plan. Looking at what I've got on and how this affects meal times and preparation/cooking possibilities etc it helps keep me on track. It usually ends up varying a bit but at least I have a rough idea. Also if I know I've got a night out planned say on a Sat it helps to plan the syns I want for it through the week etc
Also looking through sw magazines and cook books to see which lovely recipes I can fit in cooking there's sooooo many to choose from yum yum!

Back