Meal planning.....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ruby39, 25 May 2011 Social URL.

1. ruby39

ruby39 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.98%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I've been back on SW for the past few weeks, but finding it really hard to stay focused on sticking to plan. So I'm thinking that maybe writing a meal plan for the week would keep me on track. Does anyone else do this, and do you include HEX's and syns ?

thanks.
    ruby

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. who_la_hoop

who_la_hoop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(36.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I swear by a meal plan! Every Saturday morning I sit down with my cookbooks and make a plan for what I'll be eating every night, as well as lunches for the weekend, and a shopping list to go with it. (I'm a creature of habit, so I don't really need to plan my breakfast or workday lunches - they're variations on the same thing). It really helps me keep on track, and I find I waste a lot less food than I used to as well.

4. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't plan my meals but tend to buy in the same foods each week.

Lots of people plan their meals & swear it keeps them on track.

You can only try it & see what you think.

5. kerry b

kerry b Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I dont plan my meals every week but I do much better when i do. I dont "plan" my healthy extras but sometimes they are included in the meal. Give it a try and see what happens

6. bunnylovesalan

bunnylovesalan Proud Mama :)

I definately plan my weekly meals and it stops impulsive buying. I really notice the difference when I have a shopping list

7. ruby39

ruby39 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.98%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks so much for replies. I think I'll plan for a week and see how I get on.
    I may even post my weekly plan so you guys can give it the once over:)

ruby

8. Noddynoobs

Noddynoobs Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(12.5%)
    i find it helps to plan aswell, and i dont spend as much as i know exactly what i want.

9. kerry2285

kerry2285 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I also plan my meals, I tend to do it the day before so I can get meats out the freezer and its helping me not pick up the rubbish quick cook food in the freezer! I'd throw it out but I hate the thought of throwing out food even if it is chicken nuggets and a few ready meals that I should not be eating now.

Having read through your posts I think im going to sit down this friday and write my food plan for the following week - esp if it helps keep the food bills down!!

Thank you :)

10. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've made up some spreadsheets in OpenOffice as I work shifts on a two week rolling rota so I can fit in family meals/meals I cook at work etc. I have syns calculators too, when I've had a minimal loss I tend to plan everything...even treats lol!

11. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Yeah I try and plan. Looking at what I've got on and how this affects meal times and preparation/cooking possibilities etc it helps keep me on track. It usually ends up varying a bit but at least I have a rough idea. Also if I know I've got a night out planned say on a Sat it helps to plan the syns I want for it through the week etc
    Also looking through sw magazines and cook books to see which lovely recipes I can fit in cooking there's sooooo many to choose from yum yum!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.