meal replacement drinks and shakes

A few of the girls have had these shakes like slimfast,they do work hun but i think your better off sticking to meals as thats what we all have to eat eventually as you cant stay on shakes for ever!! I think they are ok for every now and then if your not really in the mood for eating!!

I personally would stick to food....as Rach say's you can't stay on shakes forever!!

You need to make this a lifestyle change and not a diet.....what foods you eat now you will continue with forever...thats why we need to get the amounts of protein,carbs and fat right.
:):)

The trouble with shake diets is its short term.....

I think they are for a quick fix only, say if you wanted to get into a dress that was a bit tight o something, definitely not a long term thing!!!

Totally agree....they are not the way forward for permanent loss

I went on Lipotrim for a month just before my wedding, great for a good loss in a short period of time, but I went straight back on solid food after the wedding, and oh, the weight went solidly back on too!!

Definitely only a short term thing me thinks!!

Sorry I have to disagree you only have to look around Minimins to see there ate dozens of people who have lost huge amounts of weight on food replacement diets and successfully kept it off. It's not an easy option but it's incredibly successful

It's not how you lose the weight that determines if you can keep it off, it's what you do once you've done it.

Starlight said:
Sorry I have to disagree you only have to look around Minimins to see there ate dozens of people who have lost huge amounts of weight on food replacement diets and successfully kept it off. It's not an easy option but it's incredibly successful

It's not how you lose the weight that determines if you can keep it off, it's what you do once you've done it.

I totally agree Starlight!!!!

I agree Starlight
I started Asda measure up on weds (only 2 days ago I know! lol) but I have lost 2 and a half pounds already! I started dieting in Nov 2010 and had lost 7lb on my own but truthfully I dnt have the time, Know-how or imagination to diet on my own its a constant uphill battle which Im never sure is working
so far the shakes are working for me I feel good knowing exactly what calories Im having and dnt feel guilty about the snacks I know I can have.
Its each to their own but I dnt think its fair to say they aren't any good

they work for some people and not fo others i guess
i have tried them and they are nice and but not sure if i would do it long term although i do have to say they have made a diffrence ( its either that or everything else im doing) and while i do have them i am still very good when it comes to my fat intake and my good meals
instead of low fat milk i use full milk though so it ups my fat content a little as well as my calories ( cant stomach low fat milk)

Last edited:
With the Asda measure up you ad water to the powder not milk but if you blitz it in the blender for about 5 seconds its still thick and smooth Im using the strawberry at the mo and taste just like a normal strawberry milkshake! :)

right i didnt mean it to sound the way i put it earlier on, what i should of said is i wouldnt personally use them as for me i dont think they would work, i think they work better if you dont have a huge amount of weight to lose, unlike me!! :( Or if maybe someone like me wanted a kick start!! I actually didnt mean it to sound like i thought they were no good at all!!

dont stress rach lol they work for some people not everyone
this is the first diet i have ever been on ( i watched my mum diet all my life) so everything is strange for me lol

fat bridesmaid - i did try my friends one that was add water it was a choclolate one and it was foul lol

im trying the healtheries naturally slim summer berry its 97% fat free

Lol not stressing des, i just think i came across wrong and didnt want to offend anyone who was doing these diets!! Each to there own :D

I have watched my mum doing diets too, mainly slimming world or weight watchers!! But for me this is whats going to work, low fat is the only way to go!! Your doing really well des!!

Have to admit haven't tried the choc one yet thats next on my list hope its not too bad (hope it isnt the one u tried lol) but the strawberry one is delish!!

thanks rach so are you
yeah i do know what you mean healthy food is great i dont generally eat veges but have been eating them for the past 4 weeks and loveing it , other then i always seem to have the runs lol

um the one i tried that was chocolate was celebrity slim
its $60 just for a weeks worth so i wouldnt buy it and has on the packet about a guy loseing 53 kg in 12 weeks to me that is way to much and just plain dangerous
as we all know there no short cut with this if we want it to wrok its a lifestyle not a fad :)

On the lipotrim, (to which you added water) I loved the chocolate one, I could stomach the strawberry one, but the vanilla - eewww!! I lost 13lbs in my first week, which was great, but after the wedding, a whole of stuff hit the proverbial fan, and as usual I turned to food!

Thats why Im using Asda measure up its only £4:00GBP for a box (9 servings) so u use just less than 2 a week. But I have to admit as I am a stress eater during this time while Im on the shakes and (hopefully) losing weight I need to get to grips with my relationship with food so I dont fall into the same old traps when Im done with them.

Back