Measuring and portions?

I really don't know why you are upset with me hun, but clearly you are, and for that i am sorry. All i was trying to do is clarify what 'unlimited' means in SW terms as i have lost count if the number of people who come on here complaining that Sw doesn't work for them - then it turns out they've eaten a mountain of pasta each day - they always say 'but i thought free foods are unlimited'. Surely you can understand how, however incorrectly it has been misinterpreted by me, and probably others, your post could be seen as backing up that misconception? I was merely trying to clarify for the OP.

Once again, sorry if i have upset you.

Just forget it cant be bothered anymore. I understand SW very well i never stop reading my book and always have great weight losses am not one of the people who dont have a clue i literally study the books all the time. Would delete them but dont know how to on the app.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ashton.x said:
Just forget it cant be bothered anymore. I understand SW very well i never stop reading my book and always have great weight losses am not one of the people who dont have a clue i literally study the books all the time. Would delete them but dont know how to on the app.

Wjy would you delete them? You are entitled to post whatever the hell you want to as long as you don't offend anyone. You have an opinion, i have an opinion. They aren't the same. No reason to delete them.

Incase people think am saying the wrong thing like you thought i did.

ashton.x said:
Incase people think am saying the wrong thing like you thought i did.

Seriously hun, you will not be the first or the last person on here who's posts could be misinterpreted. Mine is a good case in point -i didn't think you'd said something wrong, i just thought it needed an important addition. You saw that as me having a go when i really wasn't! Its less to do with what you wrote & more to do with people reading 'unlimited' & seeing 'i can eat a mountain of pasta & still loose weight'

Its fine we can just forget about the disagreement x

I too only weigh my healthy extras and syns, but I also generally stick to the 1/3rd or more superfree, even when on red & green days.
Another thing I do, from time to time if I'm feeling ravenous and especially if having EE, is I make a soup from superfree veg, have a bowl of that as a starter, soup is always filling, and helps with the superfree too

Debridger said:
Another thing I do, from time to time if I'm feeling ravenous and especially if having EE, is I make a soup from superfree veg, have a bowl of that as a starter, soup is always filling, and helps with the superfree too

That's a great idea, think I need to do that on a red day as I don't find meat very filling and my husband wouldn't appreciate green meals every day!

But you can have meat on a green day! If your husband is on SW and doesn't want vegetarian meals a HEB of chicken gives you a good amount to play with. Or of course there are meat free alternatives, some of which are very good and he wouldn't even notice the difference.

PatchworkPuss said:
But you can have meat on a green day! If your husband is on SW and doesn't want vegetarian meals a HEB of chicken gives you a good amount to play with. Or of course there are meat free alternatives, some of which are very good and he wouldn't even notice the difference.

I know, but we like to use our HEXBs for w/meal bread and cereal bars, seems a waste to use it on meat! He's not as motivated as me so I'm trying to keep him happy and hoping he'll stick to the plan! He did comment that the chilli I made was lovely and hadn't realised it was Quorn mince! At the start of next month I'm going to place my first Joe's sausages order, very excited!

I tend to weigh pasta/rice/couscous, things like that. There's no point in me cooking a whole bag of rice for 2 people, is there? :D

I always fill my plate, but I also always make sure I have plenty of superfree with my meals, despite following Green most of the time. That immediately restricts the portion size of the rest of my meal, so no need to measure. If there stuff left over I have it for lunch next day with some more superfree.

Hi guys

Thanks for all the replies, theres some excellent advice here. I do need to try to incorporate more superfree into my meals.

Anyway, I lost 1lb this week (so thats 4lb in two weeks which I am delighted about!) :D

Back