Meat Free??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by time4action, 24 March 2008 Social URL.

1. time4action

time4action Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.04%)
    Diet:
    SS+
    Hi,

Just wanted to ask!

Today in Asda I went to buy some quorn mince and noticed that ASDA does a meat free mince. Would this be the same as quorn and free on a Green day ?

Its much cheaper than the quorn mince and I thought I would ask you guys if you've used it/bought it.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MrsB

MrsB Team FFF!!!

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Yes it's free both on red and green days :D

Asda Meat Free Mince, 454g pack, frozen 100g raw[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Original Free [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green Free[/FONT]​
    [/FONT]

4. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Ooh I didn't know that. Quorn is so expensive but I didn't know the Asda alternative was also free. Is it as good?

5. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    I prefer Asda's to Quorn mince and all the family eat it as well - personal taste I suppose, I prefer the finished result Quorn does not look as appealing to me.
    Like the Quorn pieces (prefer those to Asda's own) and I also like the quorn fillets.
    Asda also do a vegetarian 'beef style chunks' which are lovely in stew setc sometimes I think Quorn dishes can look a bit bland?
    Irene

6. Bumpy0

Bumpy0 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I like Quorn mince if it's with a sauce, like spag Bol or chilli. I buy it in a bag and frozen but still expensive! The apple sausages are nice too I don't like the Quorn pieces, yuk!

Tesco do a meat free range but none of it is free! They do burgers sausages and mince.

Last edited: 24 March 2008
  7. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I like the Quorn deli slices, they are great for sandwiches on a green day

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.