Meat Free??

time4action

Hi,

Just wanted to ask!

Today in Asda I went to buy some quorn mince and noticed that ASDA does a meat free mince. Would this be the same as quorn and free on a Green day ?

Its much cheaper than the quorn mince and I thought I would ask you guys if you've used it/bought it.

Yes it's free both on red and green days :D

Asda Meat Free Mince, 454g pack, frozen 100g raw[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original Free [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green Free
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

Ooh I didn't know that. Quorn is so expensive but I didn't know the Asda alternative was also free. Is it as good?

Hi
I prefer Asda's to Quorn mince and all the family eat it as well - personal taste I suppose, I prefer the finished result Quorn does not look as appealing to me.
Like the Quorn pieces (prefer those to Asda's own) and I also like the quorn fillets.
Asda also do a vegetarian 'beef style chunks' which are lovely in stew setc sometimes I think Quorn dishes can look a bit bland?
Irene

I like Quorn mince if it's with a sauce, like spag Bol or chilli. I buy it in a bag and frozen but still expensive! The apple sausages are nice too I don't like the Quorn pieces, yuk!

Tesco do a meat free range but none of it is free! They do burgers sausages and mince.

Last edited:
Back