Meat Juices

jaylou

Gold Member
Now here's a thought for you girls:

If I drain the juices after cooking a chicken, let the juices set in the fridge, scrape off the layer of fat which sets on the top......

Is the remaining lovely meaty jelly free?
My little mind sees it as one of the stock pot type things you can buy.....

What say you all? :confused:

OOOO....thats a tough call.

Im not sure Hun...Im sure somewhere it would be a no-no.

Heh, I would say no, but nice try dude. If we're worrying about HEb WW bread and considering it an evil nasty no no, I don't think chicken juices would be considered free!

I get what you're saying about stock pot though. I'm gutted every time I roast a chicken and throw away the juice and skin because I know what a killer gravy I could make - but *sigh* we all have to suffer for our art sometimes :(

I'm not liking this thread now.....*sobs*

My doggy loves it though, I gave it to her the other day once I'd removed the fat, she was proper tail waggy!!

I'm not much of a gravy eater so I don't miss the juice's to be made into gravy - but I do like a good stock for home made soups - but, I would be inclined to throw chicken juices away, just to be on the safe sound as I don't think you would be able to get all the fat out of it.....sorry Jaylou. X

Yes I do Jaylou, but I still think you will be left with a lot of residue fat, and chicken fat can be so dense and 'fatty' if you see what I mean...

You're at target anyway Jaylou yer big skinny minnie, having some fricken' chicken juice once a month or somat ain't gonna kill you FFS! :p

Oh no 3lb I feel so bad for you... :p :p :p

I'm gonna sneak into your house and soak all your WW malted danish in chicken juices, that'll teach yer. :p xx

Bah, It's flippin hard for me to lose 3lb ya know. Sob sob sob.....

But I see where you are coming from so I'll sneak off and gorge on chocolate in a cupboard. I have no friends.

Haha awwww I know 3lb must be a proper pain in the arse to get off when it's the LAST 3lbs - so i'm cheering on your future 3lb loss.

And i'm secretly wishing I was skinny enough to get in a cupboard to eat lots of chocolate. You're just showing off now you know... :p

You're at target anyway Jaylou yer big skinny minnie, having some fricken' chicken juice once a month or somat ain't gonna kill you FFS! :p

hahahaha - that made me LOL!

I'm in the minority - I'd say if you scrape the fat off then it's fine. I cut all the fat off chicken thighs (free) and boil them up in soups or curries or whatever and you can tell it's a bit fattier than using breast but it's still free. Just my opinion!

Back