Meat portion sizes

nikkikb

How much do you have with lunch and dinner? For dinners I will often have 2 pork chops or a 300g steak but I am sure Atkins says to have a 250g portion at each meal or am I making this up? Obviously this is alongside my veg :)

Hmm - i dont remember seeing a weight amount. I just have what i fancy. Lots of veg - even on induction i went overboard on veg - still waiting for person who stalls on veg:D. For protein i have about double what i used to so two chicken breasts, 10oz steak, several chops, 6 chipolata sausages, 2 salmon steaks etc. as long as eat til satisfied not stuffed - left overs make yummy snacks;)

The only places i sometimes feel cheated is restaurants (given price if you want a lot!) - i make sure plenty of veg and fat to be filling/satisfying

I have anything from 250g to 500g of meat for my main meal at lunch, with veg, it's a pretty large meal. For breakfast i eat pretty light and have 1 or 2 eggs, and for evening meal i also eat pretty light, maybe 150g to 200g max of meat depending on how much i ate for lunch. I snack on around 30g of cheese and/or a bag of scratchings on top of that.

Back