Meat???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eating a small amount of meat will not put you out of ketosis but if you are swapping a shake for a piece of meat you are swapping vital vitamins and nutrients for a piece of protein and eating too much meat is not healthy for anybody. Meat is harder to digest so it will therefore cause you tummy problems.

I think if you really need to eat it is okay to eat meat but you are supposed to be training your brain to use food as fuel not enjoyment and by having your treats of a steak or ham then you are still cnnecting food with enjoyment, also it may be too hard for you to resist that baked potatoe and mushrooms when you see your steak sizzling hot!!

Defo hun !!!! Im still planning to lose a lil bit more but wanna do it through exercise and healthy eating now rather then LT as ive lost the bulk of my weight now and people say i look great. Just be determined hun and once its over u can look back and be proud!! :) xxxxxx

Plus im an all or nothing girl if I would of picked that would have been it game over!!! Best to just leave it stick with the shakes

Wichy Anne, I don't think you can be ON LT.
as the others most eloquently said IT'S A TOTAL FOOD REPLACEMENT. Also we don't have counsellors (unlike CD and LL)
If you are not on LT then don't make unhelpful comments to those of us who are. If you ARE on it and subscribe to going against the plan and eat, DON'T encourage others to do it.
We find it enough of a challenge, without snidey comments like yours. (No offence)

Hello?! I am not encouraging anyone to do anything.

I am correcting misinformation - primarily that tomatoes ahve a lot of carbs and that GUILT is a big part of what many people have a problem with to begin with.

It's the whole mindset. AND The whole reason why most people on these diets (I'm on CD) fail and the people gain all the weight back and more.

Sorry though. Whatever. Do what you want and keep feeling badly about it. Your mind. Your choice.

well clearly tomatoes don't have alot of carbs in compared a bloody potato or pasta, but for a salad item (and yes i know they are a fruit but not seen as such!) they do have a high content that some people are not aware of - i DO apologise for trying to help someone stay focused!

WitchyAnne - Irrelevant. This diet is a Total Food Replacement diet. You replace the food totally. If anyone doesn't understand this then LT isn't the correct diet for them.

You feel guilty because you've broken the diet. At £36 per week if I'm gonna cheat I'm gonna feel guilty afterwards for having wasted my money.

Do this diet or don't. Do not make a half-assed attempt at it because you will have minimal weight losses and then become down about it, thus leading to further eating and weight gain. Simple.

So I guess education is also not on the menu then?

If you want to be all snarky - we can do that too.

That was not my intention.

*Can't see the forest for the hyperbole*

Wichy Anne, I don't think you can be ON LT.
as the others most eloquently said IT'S A TOTAL FOOD REPLACEMENT. Also we don't have counsellors (unlike CD and LL)
If you are not on LT then don't make unhelpful comments to those of us who are. If you ARE on it and subscribe to going against the plan and eat, DON'T encourage others to do it.
We find it enough of a challenge, without snidey comments like yours. (No offence)

Where did I encourage anything? Citation, please?

Thought so.

This forum is for people to speak their minds and to give opinions when people ask questions, and thats what they are, opinions from MY personal experience!!!!!

Hmm. All I did was speak my mind and give my opinion and offer a correction.

Nowhere did I encourage anyone to do anything.

What would you rather? That our forum pal here went off the diet for a day in a good way or in a bad one?

If no one can ask and get REAL information then they will just take a diet break ANYWAY and not tell anyone (you know you're out there and you also know that if someone had told you a sensible way to do it when you asked, you would have felt more comfortable discussing it - but this attitude is what's stopped you.) and do it badly as opposed to sensibly because no one had the will to speak up and offer some positive help.

Further, I am overweight from having and breastfeeding three children (twins and a baby) in quick succession. NOT because I have *guilttrips* and talk about *cheating* on a diet as though I've committed a cardinal sin and need a big red letter on my shirt.

I am doing CD for a kickstart to weight loss.

I will tell people the truth when they ask something - even if other people don't like it.

I never encouraged anyone to do anything.

I shared some facts.

People are supposed to eat food. People are NOT supposed to OVEReat food.

Why should someone feel guilty for some meat and tomato and tomatoes DO NOT have that many carbs!

1 chocolate shake (that's the kind I have to hand) contains just over 14 carbs.

1 average sized tomato has 5.7 carbs, but also 1.4 grams of fibre, so the carbs he would be stuck with would be 4.3 and as meat is usually <1 - he'd be looking at around 5-7 carbs at the absolute most, if say the turkey was marinated or something - as opposed to a smidge over 14.

So yeah. The shake is actually more carbs than the tomato.[/quote]

So we're SUPPOSED to eat huh?
NOT on TFR we're not.

I can't speak for the others but I'll tell you why you got such a reaction from me (it's got nothing to do with amount of carbs in a tomato) and that is down to this:

That's the thing I don't understand about a bunch of people here - when they say it.

Guilt? For a tomato and some meat?

If you are feeling GUILT for stuff like this then maybe talk to your counsellor?

The way you worded that made us sound like a bunch of eating disorders freaks that have lost the plot and need therapy for our issues. I found this highly offensive.

We are not strange for feeling guilty about breaking our diets. We are paying a lot of money for this and if we cheat we are cheating ourselves, ergo the guilt.

Don't try and lecture me on education. This is not the issue here. No one said we're going to feel guilty about eating when we come off the diet - it is all about whilst still being on the diet.

If it wasn't your intent for your words to offend like they obviously did then fair enough, but I am perfectly happy with the fear of feeling guilty if I break my diet as it stops me from doing so.

I can't speak for the others but I'll tell you why you got such a reaction from me (it's got nothing to do with amount of carbs in a tomato) and that is down to this:

The way you worded that made us sound like a bunch of eating disorders freaks that have lost the plot and need therapy for our issues. I found this highly offensive.

We are not strange for guilty about breaking our diets. We are paying a lot of money for this and if we cheat we are cheating ourselves, ergo the guilt.

Don't try and lecture me on education. This is not the issue here. No one said we're going to feel guilty about eating when we come off the diet - it is all about whilst still being on the diet.

If it wasn't your intent for your words to offend like they obviously did then fair enough, but I am perfectly happy with the fear of feeling guilty if I break my diet as it stops me from doing so.

Erm...I meant your diet counsellor. I am really sorry about that.

I didn't know you didn't have one with LipoTrim. Maybe talk to the guy at the chemist where you buy it then?

I didn't mean to sound that way.

You must be able to see that 99% of the time when someone goes OFF PLAN for something important like *a wedding* and they are looking for a smart way to do this, they get shot down. It's a wedding (or other event) fgs - not a wednesday night binge.

I would rather offer educated choices than "have your shake" when a LOT of restaurants and venues will not let you bring stuff lik that onto the premises because of H&S laws & insurance.

Also, what do you see many of the times someone DOES have a binge?

"I felt bad about X so I ate X, X and X and now I feel guilty."

It's the same thing over and over.

I am just trying to say that maybe if food didn't have so much sway over our emotions, we would be just fine.

Also, maybe if it DOES hold that much sway, talking to someone about it is in order.

How many people who are not overweight have these felt bad/ate food/guilt issues?

I am not being a b-word here - just saying stuff that you already know for yourself.

So we're SUPPOSED to eat huh?
NOT on TFR we're not.

What if someone doesn't want to BE on TFR for ONE day? They haven't got any good choices because no one will help them with the information needed to make them?

Or what? Will you just be on TFR forever?

Not being snarky - honestly asking you.

What happens next?

Anyway....my apologies to all for talking about guilt with regard to food and for stating tomato facts.

Please don't take anything I've said as an encouragement to eat meat or a tomato or any combination thereof.

Sorry for answering a question and also for sharing my feelings on a common issue that I watch people struggle with all around me to the point that it makes me feel the need to speak out.

Okay, so we've cleared that up. You thought we had a councellor and wrote accordingly. We thought you were being offensive and responded accordingly.

In my opinion it's pretty much settled now as far as I'm concerned.

I do see where you are coming from but need to point out the reason for us telling people to have the shake rather than eat at said wedding. For a lot of people the first week truly is the hardest, and if someone has free reign at the wedding it is possible (unfortunately so but still) that they will not stick to proteins as is advised but have whatever they fancy. If whatever they fancy happens to be carbs then there's the high chance that it will pull them out of ketosis and they'll have to go through that hellish first week all over again. In my experience some people never get back on the diet once they have broken it so we're honestly trying to steer them in the direction of what is best for their health as, obviously, being overweight has medical implications.

As for telling people to drink shakes in restaurants, these are threads that I typically avoid as I'm aware that some establishments would not be over the moon to see someone bringing in 'food' from outside and could get quite annoyed by it. Personally I've become a social hermit and don't go out to these functions as I don't want to be put in that situation and am more interested in losing the weight than going out. If the event is for a friend/family they know that when I come off LT we will go out and have a ball and it will be on me to make up for me missing their event.

Eating a small amount of meat will not put you out of ketosis but if you are swapping a shake for a piece of meat you are swapping vital vitamins and nutrients for a piece of protein and eating too much meat is not healthy for anybody. Meat is harder to digest so it will therefore cause you tummy problems.

I think if you really need to eat it is okay to eat meat but you are supposed to be training your brain to use food as fuel not enjoyment and by having your treats of a steak or ham then you are still cnnecting food with enjoyment, also it may be too hard for you to resist that baked potatoe and mushrooms when you see your steak sizzling hot!!

You tell them "Don't bring me a potato, thanks." Mushrooms have nearly NO carbs, no cals and really: No nutritional value. If you lived on mushrooms you would literally starve to death.

People usually connect food with enjoyment. They started this at birth, with breastfeeding.

The thing is more not to use food as an anti-depressant. That's just my opinion - as it's not the enjoyment of food when we're hungry and happy that bites us, it's the using food when we're not happy that does.

As for "Vital Vitamins and Nutrients" take a Multi Vitamin, some fish oils (3) and some potassium & magnesium. Sorted.

*Just my opinion on how to do it IF you're going to do it anyway. NOT in ANY way meant to be any sort of encoragement! Bring your shake/bar/soup (whatever you have) and enjoy!! :)*

WitchyAnne, as you are on the CD diet and therefore on this forum, you must have a bad relationship with food of some description.

Firstly, if you understood the LT diet, then I do not think that you would have written some of the things that you have done.

Secondly, LT is not only about loosing weight, even though this is one of the main aims, the aim is to recondition the mind to food ie, find something else to turn to when you have a bad day, not the chocolate.

Thirdly this forum is under the title of 'Weight Loss Support Forum', which to be honest, I dont think you understand as after reading what you have written, I can say does not support anyone.

Fourthly, most of the people on this forum are here to get guidance, or just to have someone to moan to when it gets hard, not for your negative attitude.

Anyone who feels that they can eat on LT, then clearly its the wrong diet for them, try Weight Watchers, or Maintance.

When starting LT its stated, very very clearly in the DVD, how this diet works, it also states that you have to be very strict. If you cant be strict with yourself, or you have not got the willpower, then try it, and hope for the best, or just try something that will work for you, let alone taking the cost into account

I cant believe what my threads turned into lol i feel bad now so i'm off to cheer myself up with a TOMATO lmao!!!!

I think WitchyAnne has a major issue with food good job she is on CD and not LT she'd always have a excuse for not sticking to it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back