Meat???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think WitchyAnne has a major issue with food good job she is on CD and not LT she'd always have a excuse for not sticking to it!!!
LOL!

I just posted why I am on a diet at all. To get used to eating smaller portions again as you need a LOT more calories whilst pregnant and breastfeeding.

What? Are we just not reading anything anyone says at all before we post utter nonsense?

I've never encouraged anyone to cheat and you know it - so why the slander?

Also, when have I ever cheated?

Let me answer that to clear up any doubt: Never not once. That's when.

Finally: Talk about rude. *I* never insulted anyone or pointed at anyone and said they had an issue when I didn't know one thing about the person.

My words on guilt are how I feel watching others go through it over and over.

So what the hell is your problem?

(psssst! I also am 6 feet tall, had a baby 10 months ago who I breastfed until one month ago and *currently* wear a size 16. Just for your info, hon! xxx :):):) )

Okay, I for one think the hostility in this thread needs to stop.

WitchyAnne - I posted to you about how I think we've settled our differences so I hope you feel the same way and we can all get on again.

WitchyAnn, this forum is for the use of anyone who wishes to join, but in my opinion you are not helping anyone, just making people feel uncomfortable, so maybe the best thing for you to do is go to CD and talk to people who are going through what you are, in respect to the diet that you are on.

People dont come on here to have to reply to someone who is, frankly, quite negative, they come on here for support, which I dont think you can offer.

This post does not require a reply from you.

Laura

I sit ok to have meat on LT? I'm asking because when i went for my weigh in last week and my son grassed me up for having chinese lol my chemist said if you're gonna have chinese just stick to the meat!!

OOH reading this again, I cannot even believe that you just said all that stuff in your previous post!

The only reason I even said ANYthing was in answer to YOUR thread that YOU started.

Nice.

At the risk of sounding like an old woman I've requested that this thread be closed. WitchyAnne apologised for her words and is still getting berated for it. I just don't think keeping this open is beneficial to anyone involved... x

WitchyAnn, this forum is for the use of anyone who wishes to join, but in my opinion you are not helping anyone, just making people feel uncomfortable, so maybe the best thing for you to do is go to CD and talk to people who are going through what you are, in respect to the diet that you are on.

People dont come on here to have to reply to someone who is, frankly, quite negative, they come on here for support, which I dont think you can offer.

This post does not require a reply from you.

Laura

Oh for Gods sake. WHERE did I say ANYTHING mean or encourage ANYONE to do ANYTHING?!

Who's being snippy here?

Further, honest is not negative. It's honest.

and I didn't require this post from you, either - but it didn't stop you from chucking your 2p in, did it?

I am not going to just keel over like a little wilty flower just because some fanatical people decide to go all crazy because I said something sensible in direct answer to a question.

So, I *will* reply where I see fit.

Thank goodness some people here have the stones to speak up - because otherwise where would people who *God Forbid* have decided to take a day off go for sensible advice if they're going to eat anyway?

I for one, would rather support them in doing it sensibly than tell them to "Have a shake and STFU" when if they've decided to do it, they'll do it, regardless.

*sigh.*

Fanatics are picturesque, mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reasons.
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

At the risk of sounding like an old woman I've requested that this thread be closed. WitchyAnne apologised for her words and is still getting berated for it. I just don't think keeping this open is beneficial to anyone involved... x

Hey you :) I AM sorry for thinking you had counsellors and I am also sorry for *seeming* to come across as though - well see the posts we exchanged earlier...but I don't think it is wrong to express a view on guilt + food or answer a question.

I never made any statement as to "tomato or shake" I only stated that they had less carbs.

I never suggested that anyone eat anything - only listed the information - which is FACT on the matter.

I never encouraged anyone to do anything at all on this thread - so why everyone's all gone banshee about it I really don't get.

If these facts were said in person, or if they were read in a book (how I know them) would people be going all *wooooo* on the matter? I doubt it.

A little scary in here if I'm honest! I feel like I am dealing with people suffering post traumatic stress disorder.

Us LTers just get very defensive of our diet as a lot of us experience a lot of negativity for doing it. Whilst I do agree on some level with what a lot of people have said, including yourself, I don't necessarily agree in the way in which it was said.

However, that is just me and perhaps I'm overreacting?

That's the thing I don't understand about a bunch of people here - when they say it.

Guilt? For a tomato and some meat?

If you are feeling GUILT for stuff like this then maybe talk to your counsellor?

I don't think this is supposed to be an endless guilt train, is it?

If it is, I am not going to hang out 'round here any more.

People are supposed to eat food. People are NOT supposed to OVEReat food.

Why should someone feel guilty for some meat and tomato and tomatoes DO NOT have that many carbs!

1 chocolate shake (that's the kind I have to hand) contains just over 14 carbs.

1 average sized tomato has 5.7 carbs, but also 1.4 grams of fibre, so the carbs he would be stuck with would be 4.3 and as meat is usually <1 - he'd be looking at around 5-7 carbs at the absolute most, if say the turkey was marinated or something - as opposed to a smidge over 14.

So yeah. The shake is actually more carbs than the tomato.

yes you are correct in the fact that people should eat,it is normal and dont have to feel guilty if they want to eat something,on the other hand this is TOTAL food replacement,if somebody wants to eat join slimming world or weight watchers,why spend all that money just to lose 1lb that you could lose on diets where u do eat,compared to this diet where u can lose 3lbs plus weekly IF you dont eat,plus you just mess with your body coming in and out of ketosis,with this diet i think u either stick to it or u dont

I am defensive of mine as well - CD SS! (no cheats, no food, no nothing! I don't cheat on my diet) At the same time - I do see my actual friends go through this whole guilt thing and it makes me sad to watch it. I also watch other people ask over and over about cheating, then say they won't when everyone tells tem not to, instead of giving them sensible ideas for that "event" they have, whatever it is, so instead they go overboard, eat whatever, and then feel badly about it.

I would just rather offer some simple food facts because if they're going to do it, they will - regardless - so I would rather see them do it smart than feel bad later and go into that same loop again. :(

omfgdrama4rq.jpg

Can we all play nice :D Ta... xxx

Hey, I *was* playing nice (ok not all frou frou huggles and kisses and fairy dust - admittedly) and merely stated a FACT and an OPINION with no malicious intent and I got pounced on for it!

Hey, I *was* playing nice (ok not all frou frou huggles and kisses and fairy dust - admittedly) and merely stated a FACT and an OPINION with no malicious intent and I got pounced on for it!
It was the manner in which you said it which upset people you came across so "matter of fact" and as if you were saying it was ok to eat when quite frankly it isn't as many people have said it is a total food replacement programme so eating sort of defeats the object.

omg is this conversation still going on? lol
I know what the hell have i started simply by asking a question. I dont think i'l ask anything else for fear of a slanging match!

It was the manner in which you said it which upset people you came across so "matter of fact" and as if you were saying it was ok to eat when quite frankly it isn't as many people have said it is a total food replacement programme so eating sort of defeats the object.

Where did I say it was OK FOR PEOPLE ON THIS DIET TO EAT? When did I even say "IT'S OK TO EAT" ? I don't think I've said either of those things.

FACT: I did NOT, NEVER say what you accuse me of saying, nor did I say anything remotely similar to it.

FACT: I said: people are meant to eat food.

So, what you're really mad about is something that YOU said, not anything that I have. A little unfair that, imho.

Also, how else is someone supposed to state a fact aside from matter of fact? it *was* a matter of fact, fgs.

Anyway, sorry I've offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back