Medications and values

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Mummy_Helen, 13 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    In the last 2 weeks I have been put on various different medication, 3 types for my asthma, and just last night I was put on amoxycillin (sp?) for a bad ear infection. One of the meds was a steroid, which I have finished taking now, but do inhalers or antibiotics have any calorific value, or syn value?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Xassy

Xassy Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm on about 9 different medications, including a steroid inhaler. I don't count them as syns and it's never affected my losses, as far as I know. IMO, some things in life are more important. :eek:

4. Mummy_Helen

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Oh I know, I am taking them, I just didn't know whether I had to count them in somehow. I have the blue inhaler, a salmon coloured inhaler (steroid 200mg) and was on prednisolone for a week, but now stopped that, and now amoxycillin.

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    No they won't have a syn value - it's usually only the things that come in lozenge or sugary syrup format have have syns. So things like cough syrups etc

6. Mummy_Helen

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks circes!

7. Alia

Alia Silver Member

Start Weight:
    31st11lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    10st11lb(33.93%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi there hunney

I think its really important that if we are given medications that we need for our health we should take them. I dont think the things that you have mentioned would contain any syn values, its mostly the things we can buy over the counter like lozenges and cough syrups etc that would be syns.

I take a huge amount of medication daily for various health issues and I've asked my SW consultant about this and also about the idea that certain medications will cause you to gain weight (the pill, depo and so on) and she told me that no medication will actually cause you to gain weight although it may cause your appetite to increase and if you make unsensible choices when you do feel more hungry then you clearly would gain weight.

Take your medication hunney, it needs to come first before worrying about anything else.

xxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.