Medicine

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by sophie2324, 2 August 2007 Social URL.

1. sophie2324

sophie2324 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi all,

Im just looking for some help on what medicine can be used for a tight chest and chesty cough. I know quite a lot of medicines are high on sugar so im looking for something that wont effect ketosis. Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. leehal

leehal Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(15.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    Not sure, all I can recommend is paracetomol for the pain. Someone will be able to offer more help I am sure.

I think most of the childrens type medicines are sugar free now.

4. yummie mummy

yummie mummy Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Hi Sophie, prob best to go and see your pharmcist for the best over the counter medication, you want a mixture for chesty cough,alot of them do contain a form of sugar, but there are some that dont, co codamol with help with discomfort as will ibuprofen (do not take if your asthmatic)Also try steam inhalation with something like vicks to break things up lol so to speak, hope you feel better soon. YM

5. leehal

leehal Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(15.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    Be careful with co-codomol as the codeine element can affect people more when doing a VLCD.

6. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    go to the pharmacist and tell them you need medicine that is suitable for diabetics. I read on here somewhere that diabetic medicines wont bring you out of ketosis

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.