Medicine ??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by tor137, 15 May 2014.

1. tor137

tor137 Well-Known Member

Iv got a really bad chesty cough , will medicine know me out of ketosis ??
    My cc told me to up my step I'm allready on 810
    Don't really wanna go up to 1000
  2. Tiggemma

Tiggemma Well-Known Member

A lot of medicines have sugars in them so it will probably knock you out if ketosis. Also recovering from illness takes quite a lot of effort for your body so if you're on step 2 make sure you eat enough and only take meds when you eat so you don't risk damaging your stomach with pain killers. Step 3 may be a good thing to do until you're better.
  3. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling unwell. Coughs are the most annoying inconveniences!

When I first did the CWP, I was SS'ing and had a chest infection, which came with a terrible cough. I had antibiotics, which did seem to keep me in ketosis and I continued loosing the lbs. My cough didn't leave me for a good few days afterwards. I was told by a friend to use the herb Thyme to make a tea. It really helped!
    [h=2]Steep some thyme to relieve a cough.[/h]Thyme is an officially approved German treatment for coughs, upper respiratory infections, bronchitis, and whooping cough, with good reason: Those tiny leaves are packed with cough-relieving compounds. Thyme flavonoids relax tracheal and ileal muscles, which are involved in coughing, and also reduce inflammation. To make a tea, mix 2 teaspoons crushed leaves in 1 cup boiling water, cover, then steep for 10 minutes and strain.

Read more: 6 Natural Cough Remedies | Reader's Digest
  4. tor137

tor137 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies !! Going to see if I can solider threw for a few days ,
    Them maybe try the herbal before I take anything
    Thanks again xx