Meetings or go it alone?

Personally, going to a weigh in is the only way I lose weight. I have tried so many times on my own and by the end of the week I've given up.
I don't go to the class just to the weigh in.

My class doesnt have a meeting after WI:(, i have only been doing WW for 2 weeks and was unable to go last night due to ill children and injured horse but i WI at class and at home and have lost weight both weeks, but i prefer going to get weighed, makes me want to lose lol

bunnie said:
My class doesnt have a meeting after WI:(, i have only been doing WW for 2 weeks and was unable to go last night due to ill children and injured horse but i WI at class and at home and have lost weight both weeks, but i prefer going to get weighed, makes me want to lose lol

Aww how comes no class?

I'm an Online subscriber at the moment. I went to meetings before but didn't like it but in fairness I think I was just so self conscious that it wasn't the meeting that was the problem it was my mindset. I bought stuff off ebay before (discover plan) and got loads of those 'your week' things that seemed pretty handy :) Doing it online I find I have to print out loads of stuff if I want to have anything to hand to read or refer to and I'm not near the computer. Then of course the reliable scales and accountability of a class. I might go to one over the next few weeks and just see how it goes, I'm not sure yet. Good luck with it xx

Well im getting the name of "yo-yo" dieter. I had great sucess years ago doing it on my own bu after having my amily the weight has crept on, im ata stage in my life im joining and sticking to it for a few weeks then not going back, I have however mantained the weight each time I stop. I have now re starrted and on Day 3 and I am going it alone this time my mum is 100% behind me this time and is there to kick my butt if needed.
The classes are great though, I just dont want to risk wasting my money :)
x

I do ww at home I went to ww in Hull and stayed for meetings etc lost quite a bit of weight and really enjoyed it. Moved back home to the Newcastle area and tried slimming world when I eventually went back to a slimming club it wasn't for me at all do went back to ww even took my mum along sadly the leader was like a reincarnation of Hitler!

It may have been her way of trying to motivate people but being told that losing 3lb wasn't good enough in a week it should've been 4 lbs really annoyed me and it was the same things most weeks! Sone of the other things really upset me as well so i tried to change meetings and that leader does all classes in my local area bar one which is on during the day when I'm at work so that's how I ended up alone!

I'm fully aware I was just unlucky in my leader so if you go to classes I'm sure that you'll get a great one like I did originally

For me going it alone is better then classes I have a weigh in day and use my ultimate value app to keep a check on my points I've been doing ww since 20th feb until 16th May and lost 1st 2lbs in that time span then I went on holiday for two weeks all inclusive so I'm back again and determined to lose at least another stone. Set realistic mini targets and good luck!

Im doing it alone, I get weighed every week on the scales in boots, I'm loving ww!
I love planning meals & pointing etc.. day 10 on plan for me :) if I didn't come on minimins I doubt I'd be as motivated, love this place x

I've done it both ways, at the moment I'm weighing at home but that's mostly because of money. I did like going to meetings and I usually stayed for the talk, it's good for motivation when you see others getting silver seven's (when they've lost 7lb) and the stones. It depends on your motivation and determination I think. Im planning to go to meetings again when I've lost a bit and am looking towards maintenance as that's where I'll need the most help. Good luck with it :)

I need meetings! .. so thats were i go!

I'm doing weight watchers but the old point system I lost 2stone on it before but have put it All back on! I'm going it alone for now, and reading all the posts for inspiration.

Hello everyone. I've just joined the forum today. I went to WW meetings for about 6 months and lost nearly 3 stone. I've moved to a new city and don't have as much free time for meetings now and would like to save money so I'm going to try using the online tracker for 3 months. I did enjoy the meetings at first. It was so scary going to my first one! I have already learned a lot about the plan and know that it works, but just need the motivation to keep going!

parsonica said:
Hello everyone. I've just joined the forum today. I went to WW meetings for about 6 months and lost nearly 3 stone. I've moved to a new city and don't have as much free time for meetings now and would like to save money so I'm going to try using the online tracker for 3 months. I did enjoy the meetings at first. It was so scary going to my first one! I have already learned a lot about the plan and know that it works, but just need the motivation to keep going!

Hi and welcome to the site :0)

I deff need to go to meeting have tried it so many times on my own but tend to cheat myself:sigh: Then get cross & eat more so classes are a must

I'm doing it on my own. Well with my husband. I went to meetings last yr but thought I was wasting money so as I still have all my books (blue folder thing) we decided to do it alone. I've lost more at home than I did at the meetings. But everyone is different.

It doesn't motivate me to go to meetings and it makes no difference to my weight loss as if I've put on and been naughty then il just not go! X

Back