Mega Meatball curry

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Mrs V, 28 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry to all that I promised I would get this out yesterday...was really busy!
    Anyway...this is delicious as it is, although I have made a recent one in all beef mince and that was just as nice!

Syn Free on Original, serve with rice for syn free on EE.

Serves: 4
    Ready in about 1 hour.

1 onion
    4 garlic cloves
    8oz/227g each of extra-lean minced pork and lamb (again I have just used minced beef)
    1tsp each of ground ginger, paprika and finely grated lemon zest.
    2tbsp freshly chopped coriander
    1 egg
    1pt/568ml chicken stock made from Bovril
    3 tbsp mild curry powder (I used hot as I like things spicy!)
    400g chopped tomatoes (I used passata as I prefer very few chunks!)
    5 tbsp very low fat natural yoghurt plus a little to serve.

Method
    1 Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic. Place the pork and lamb mince in a bowl with half of the garlic, the ginger, paprika, lemon zest and coriander. Beat the egg and add to the mixture. Using your fingers, combine the ingredients and shape into 24 balls. Chill for at least 30 mins.
    2 Place the onion, remaining garlic and half the stock in a pan and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15-20 mins until the sauce thickens. Stir in the curry powder, tomatoes, yoghurt and the remaining stock and simmer gently.
    3 Add the meatballs in a single layer, cover and cook gently for 20 mins, stirring occasionally until the meatballs are cooked. Spoon a little very low fat natural yoghurt on top.
    I leave mine over night (try to resist the temptation!) so that the flavours are stronger!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Pink_Peony

Pink_Peony Full Member

Thanks Mrs V, I have just printed this off for later in the week :) xx

4. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    thanks so much V i have been eagerly awaiting this recipe...sound yummy!
    thank you!

5. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just to give you an update re the all beef mince one....I didnt like it at all...the sauce was lovelly and thick and you wouldnt have known any different to a take away, but the meat balls themselves could have done with more flavour, especially salt!
    I think personally in future I will be sticking to just the pork and lamb mince ones as they have a load more flavour!

6. Jayner

Jayner Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3.5lb(18.57%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    ooooooo wow thanku mrsv cant wait to try this

7. trollydolly82

trollydolly82 Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.12%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i know i should poss post this on another thread, but has anyone tried the veg biryani thats in this months mag??? i just made it but instead of all the expensive herbs, i used jar ones and put in last nights left over chicken... and OMG!!! its bloody amazin! if anyone wants the receipe i can post it on the forum!! its so lush im on my seconds and even better its all FREE on EE!!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.