- 8oz each of extra lean minced pork & lamb
- 1 tsp each of ground ginger, paprika and finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 1 egg
- 1pt chicken stock made with bovril
- 3 tbsp mild curry powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 5 tbsp V.L.F natural yoghurt

1. Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic. Place the pork and lamb mince in a bowl with 1/2 the garlic, the ginger, paprika, lemon zest and coriander. Beat the egg and add to the mixture. Using your fingers, combine the ingredients and shape into 24 balls. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
2. Place the onion, remaining garlic and half the stock in a pan and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 - 20mins until the sauce has thickened. Stir in curry powder, tomatoes, yoghurt and the remainder of the stock and simmer gently.
3. Add the meatballs, cover and cook gently for 20 minutes, sirring occasionally until the meatballs are cooked. Spoon a little V.L.F natural yoghurt on top to serve.

:drool: this rocks! It is an absolutely stunning recipe taken from the 100 Green and Original Breakfast, Lunches and Dinners cook book. (£ 2.95 from group)

Enjoy... :D

ooooooh just my kinda thing - thanks xx

How many syns on a green day?

I think you'd be better off doing an EE day if you wanted to have this with rice. Or weigh out the pork/lamb as a HEX B on a green but you probably won't get much out of it!

DSC01812-1.jpg

There it is, I had already started eating it when i remembered to take a pic LOL :)
Ummmmmm was yummy, the first curry I have ever made from scratch. My O/H loved it!!

Glad you and your OH really enjoyed it... so did I! :D xx

Ive made this and its delicious! I also tried making it with just beef mince and thought it was quite dry and tasted too much like cow (if that makes sense!) Lol

That sounds and looks lush

Back