Mel D is doing the JUDDD

Lose2Win

True Believer
Hello everyone

I've been dong JUDDD since Tuesday. I was going to just try it for the 14 day induction phase before I started a diary here but I'm getting on so well with it that I thought I'd start one now :D.

To let you know a little bit about my diet career for a month I did Cambridge Sole Source before I was introduced to Slim & Save. I was doing really well and lost 5stones in 5months until I got sick and my doctor told me to stop. Since then I've put on a couple of pounds doing a version of 'healthy eating' but to say I'm struggling is an understatement.

Dearest Nat introduced me to JUDDD and after reading up about it I've decided to take he plunge. To be honest the way I've been eating the last two months has been in a similar fashion to JUDDD in that if I've had a lot to eat one day I generally cut back the next. This diet is definatly more structured and disciplined and I'm excited that I've found it.

I knew I'd have no problems with the up days because I love to eat :D. I was however dreading the down days but surprisingly ivecoped really well with the two I've done so far.

I want to lose another 21lbs and I'm hoping that JUDDD will get me there and be the way I eat for life :D

OMG another crazy Up day. I went out last night and I'm just leaving to go home. I drank WAY too much and I'm well over the 2000 that I was supposed to have :-(. I'm tipsy as ever and dying to go to bed so I can sleep!!

What were you drinking chick?

Are you having two up days or a DD today?

I had a wild up day yesterday, so it's DD for me! I really was thinking about doing a double up, but I can't face eating today. Which is good. I'm going to hit the laundrette to do some drying, then break out the shred!

OMG what was I not drinking!!! Cocktails, rum punch, brandy, wine as far as I remember.

Today is definately a down day. I can't even face food. I intend to keep my fluids up today and maybe have a leftover CD shake later.

I'm supposed to do shred also and I'm hoping that after I've had my pedicure and a little power nap I'll have the energy to complete it!!!

When I got in I had a few hours sleep. Got up finished the laundry and cooked. I'm still tired but I know if I'd slept too much I won't sleep tonight :-(.

Enjoy your day :D

I was totally freaking out because in my ineberated state this morning I ate a McDonalds bacon & cheese bagel and at 430kcl that has practically wiped out my DD allowance :-( I was so hungry I not long ago had a Cambridge shake and now I'm well and truly over at its only 6pm. I'm cooking the OH dinner and its a shame i cant have any. I have now decided to stop fretting and turn this into an ID :) I won't go over 1,000kcal and then I'll go back to my UD tomorrow.

At least you have a plan. I had a whole week of ID over half term and got right back into it last week. Just enjoying a strawberry meringue desert to finish the week!

gentoo/aptenny

Hope you have a good day x

gentoo said:
At least you have a plan. I had a whole week of ID over half term and got right back into it last week. Just enjoying a strawberry meringue desert to finish the week!

gentoo/aptenny

Thanks. I felt much better doing an ID. I really wanted to have a strict dd/up for the first 2 weeks but after I finished beating myself up I realised I was being silly!! I had a great day in the end :D

UP day today :D

I'm not going crazy today. I've got a healthy lunch packed and circuit training at the gym this evening after work. If I'm still up for it I may have a sauna and steam after. I've not done that in months!!!

I had another sneaking weigh in today and it looks like I'm down 2lbs and that's even after an ID :D

I'll say now that I am a daily weigher and have been for the last 6 months. It was the only way I managed to control my weight for the last 2 months and before that it was fun seeing the scales go down on a daily basis whilst on VLCD. I know it is not recommended on this diet but seeing the scales go up and down does not freak me out, as long as the trend is downwards LOL. So I will continue to weigh daily but only officially record my weekly losses (she says!!) :D

Last edited:
Good news on the scales :D Now normally I am dead against daily weighing BUT and I can't believe I am saying this I am actually finding that it helped me last week, I only daily weighed last week after a previous STS I wanted to see what was happening, the scales swung quite a lot up and down but I found the DD 's were mopping up after my UP days and then some, I found the gains strangely non alarming as I knew it was only temporary and more importantly they didn't show in my clothes etc. I am continuing daily weighing now as I am finding it helps. I wouldn't recommend it though to those who will be affected by the gains. Like you say the trend is downwards and its quite fascinating :) Enjoy your UP day x

Well done excellent UP day, hope you have a good DD x

Back